Job title: Study Recruiter/Administrative Assistant, Research
Company: IWK Health Centre
Job description: Department / Program: CCFV, Research Services
Type of employment: Temporary hourly FT assignment per hour (100% FTE) for one year x 1 post (s)
Ops ID: 119939
Trade union status: Negotiation unit for research, management / non-union
Remuneration: according to the scale of the health center
Place Date: September 24, 2021
Closing date: 01 October 2021
Start date: 18 October 2021
IWK Health is an internationally recognized and respected Center for Academic Health Sciences in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care to two million women, children, adolescents and families across the Atlantic region. IWK Health is committed to employment equity and the reduction of barriers to employment and career growth. We encourage anyone who identifies themselves as indigenous, black / African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, the disabled and / or 2SLGBTQIA +.
The Study Recruitment Assistant reports to the manager, administrative services and the co-director, Field. The recruitment assistant provides recruitment, administrative and communication support to CCfV
and Canadian Immunization Research Network (CIRN). The recruitment assistant supports a variety of administrative tasks for CIRN and the CCfV field and administrative teams, including but not limited to recruitment of participants, database management of participants, support of committees, support of social media, support for research activities and other administrative duties such as needed.
- Assist in the development of outreach efforts related to recruitment of study participants
- Interact directly with potential participants via phone, email and in person
- Screen potential participants in clinical study
- Maintain knowledge about the recruitment of studies, study of vaccines and diseases
- Coordinate with the study team to facilitate recruitment plans / strategies
- Develop and maintain database of clinical study volunteers
- Develop and maintain statistics for recruitment / outreach
- Liaise with CCfV / CIRN communication team to ensure adequate virtual outreach (website, social media channels, etc.)
- Committee support (scheduling meetings, preparing meeting packages, taking minutes, developing correspondence / communication)
- Help manage website and social media, annual reports and newsletters
- Assist with special planning and execution of events / conferences, if necessary
- Help with media relations if needed
Skills, knowledge, education and experience:
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication aids and techniques
- The ability to work successfully both independently and with a project team
- The ability to collaborate and effectively with others to set goals, solve problems and make decisions that promote recruitment efforts
- Demonstrate a high level of time management and decision-making skills with regard to recruitment dates and milestones (internal and external)
- Highly organized and can multi-task if needed
- Organizational skills and planning, including developing a work schedule, monitoring progress towards goals and tracking details, data, information and activities
- Innovative, creative and result-driven
- Has a strong understanding of how social media platforms work (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
These and all job descriptions for the Canadian Center for Vaccinology (CCfV) outline general tasks and expectations for a specific job. The responsibilities listed in this document are not all-inclusive and further duties may, if necessary, fall under the control of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in business, public relations / communications, sales and marketing, or a related field (combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Previous sales experience is considered an asset
- Valid NS driving license and access to a vehicle
- 2+ years relevant experience within a university, hospital or similar institution preferably
- Experience in research administration / non-profit / research environment is considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills and experience
- Ability to prioritize with excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project) Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, Campaign Monitor and social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress website platform and involvement in social media is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work effectively, tactfully and diplomatically with a diverse range of internal and external components
Thank you for your interest in IWK Health. We will only contact the applicants selected for interview / testing. Applicants who invite us to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or test) have the right to request accommodation. Discuss your needs when you are invited to the assessment process.
Please note: our service offering is subject to the completion and satisfactory results of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
Applications are accepted until 23:59 on the closing date.
Thank you for your interest in IWK Health. Please log in to create a profile and set up post alerts for positions of interest.
If you are an employee of IWK Health, you must apply to ensure that you are marked as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 23:59 on the closing date.
Location: Halifax, NS
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:36:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!