Job title: SFU DINING HALL ASSISTANT MANAGER
Company: Compass Group
Job description: You may not know our name, but you know where we are. This is because Compass Group Canada is part of a global food and support services company, which is the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You will find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We are in all major cities, in remote workplaces and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and in 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and show your career ahead!
Imagine creating a place where leaders, great thinkers and dreamers of tomorrow come together. Join us and know that you are enabling others to learn, grow and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculties share so much more than a meal. And that’s why it’s so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support services company. We cater for Generation Z on university campuses and future K-12 generations. We offer eating programs and solutions that suit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy eating solutions.
Click to watch our team member video!
The assistant manager works with the manager and the team to successfully manage the dining room operations. This position reports to the manager and is responsible for overseeing the unit.
If you were to come on board as one of our assistant managers, we would ask you to do the following for us:
- Help the manager supervise the restaurants.
- Develop and monitor a meal and break schedule for staff who do not interfere with customer service.
- Lead, develop and lead a team of collaborators who can deliver excellent customer service.
- Monitor and organize catering orders with weekly invoicing.
- Performs administrative duties, including: cash register readings, job, inventory, banking, ordering and the administration of the ‘Be a Star’ program.
- Be responsible for building customer and client relationships.
- Ensure that the compass quality and health and safety programs are strictly adhered to.
Do you think that you need everything to be our assistant manager? We are committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we will know that you will be successful in the role.
- Solid supervisory experience.
- Mental ability to give excellent judgment for problem solving and strong arithmetic skills.
- A passion for excellence in customer service.
- Detail oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer service.
- Strong supervisory skills and the proven ability to motivate, guide and distract staff.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule (including evenings and weekends).
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we work. We encourage and are happy to consider all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, Aboriginal status, age, disability or persons in need of accommodation. apply.
For inquiries about accommodation during the rental process, contact for more information.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:49:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!