Job title: Logistics Transport Admin Assistant
Company: Newstaff Employment Services
Job description: £ 19k – 23k per year
Administrative assistant for logistics and transport.
Logistics / transport.
37.5 per week, somewhere between 8:00 and 18:00 from Monday to Friday.
Logistics / Transportation Manager.
Purpose of the work:
To perform various administrative duties within Logistics, as prescribed by the manager or divisional chief staff.
Role responsibilities and main duties:
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails.
- Identify and assess the needs of customers to achieve satisfaction.
- Deal with clients, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time constraints; follow up to ensure the solution.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Go the extra mile to engage customers.
- Organize service and maintenance of vehicles.
- Take responsibility for planning driver routes based on new customer calls, missing collections, existing collections.
- Drive vehicles in a cost-effective way.
- Liaise with clients and internal team on deliveries and collections.
- Obtain vehicle registrations and transportation permits if necessary.
- Obtain customs documentation if necessary.
- Process paperwork on time and accurately.
- Make sure all work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Load, sort, stock and pack orders.
- Stock, order and manage inventory.
- Prepare deliveries for delivery.
- Inspect goods and products received for breakage or damage.
- Communicate effectively within the workplace.
- Work with logistics colleagues to handle delegated tasks and respond to requirements as they arise.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the management team as deemed reasonable and within the capacity.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all work is performed according to the standards in the quality manual and the health and safety manual.
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety while working within the sample preparation department.
- Report any bad practices to the site manager or quality manager.
These duties are by no means complete and should not be construed as a complete definition of the role.
- Good phone way.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new software and systems
- Efficient and can work up to deadlines.
- Pay attention to detail and understand the operation of a quality system.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Can function as part of a team as well as independently.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Reliable with excellent timing.
- Strong priority and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude towards change.
- Some heavy bodies are needed.
call me on 01727 864777 e-mail cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected salary: £19000 – 23000 per year
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 03:04:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!