Job title: Assistant Manager-Retail
Job description: Job description:
The main purpose of the Assistant Store Manager is to assist the Store Manager to maintain the daily store operations of a retail store by ensuring maximum sales and profitability by exporting goods, managing expenses and inventory, training and developing the store team, human resources management, and excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall quality and performance of the store staff.
- Ensure that the company’s policies and procedures are followed.
- Model effective leadership to gain commitment to set goals and training standards.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and training and development of shop staff.
- Assist and provide store manager feedback on annual performance evaluations for all store employees.
- Assist in managing expenses and develop strategies that allow stores to perform in line with the budget.
- Assist store manager with monitoring and identifying issues related to the loss or inconsistencies in the store to ensure the store achieves successful shrinkage goals that are at or below the business plan.
- Monitor and control all aspects of operational compliance, safety and business standards.
- Supports the training of all employees in suggested sales and trading techniques.
- Ensure that the customer service standards of the business are maintained so that every customer receives excellent service by providing a friendly environment.
- Assist with the completion of accurate and regular inventory returns of goods.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A standard working week of no more than 40 hours.
- Flexible schedule required, which includes, but is not limited to, the following: days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or competencies required:
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year in retail management.
SAFETY AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires thorough knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to communicate effectively with management, co-workers and clients.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires constantly demonstrated attitude, tact and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically, plan and organize effectively.
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism in all situations.
- Requires a skilled analytical ability to collect and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking skills. Project management, time management, analytical and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment with compassion and compassion.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, set multiple tasks efficiently and effectively, to respond effectively and efficiently to changing demands.
- The ability to execute assignments accurately and consistently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products is required.
- Willing to work in various stores in the designated district.
- Individuals must be able to stand longer; lift, carry, push / pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work long hours during critical project phases; and can work with flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel by car, plane or train.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this post. It is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties, responsibilities and skills required of staff so classified.
DTLR, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:23:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!