Job title: Administrative Assistant to Director, Women’s & Newborn Health Program
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job description: Department / Program: Health Program for Women and Newborns, Women and Newborn Health Program
Type of employment: Ordinary hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position (s)
Ops ID: 119791
Trade union status: Non-trade union position
Fee: $ 21.9767 – $ 27.4709 / hour
Place Date: September 22, 2021
Closing date: 30 September 2021
Start date: ASAP
IWK Health is an internationally recognized and respected Center for Academic Health Sciences in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care to two million women, children, adolescents and families across the Atlantic region. IWK Health is committed to employment equity and the reduction of barriers to employment and career growth. We encourage anyone who identifies themselves as indigenous, black / African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, the disabled and / or 2SLGBTQIA +.
The administrative assistant, who reports to the director, provides confidential, administrative service with a high level of organizational and communication skills to assist and support the director on a daily basis to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the program / service area. The Administrative Assistant of the Director serves as a primary point of contact for the Office of the Director and provides support and oversight of administrative activities and all related activities. He / she also provides general administrative cover in the absence of other support staff within the director’s portfolio. Contribute to the efficient functioning of the office of the director by ensuring that high quality standards are met and maintained with regard to documentation and communication from this office. Ensure seamless communication with the director’s office with staff and internal / external clients. Ensure that the affairs of the director’s office are carried out in a fiscally responsible manner. Important responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between director, other members of the senior management team, direct reports and all other internal or external clients.
- Manage the director’s calendar, including prioritization and appointment appointments. Assess needs / prepare background material and maintain a forward-looking system to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Provides coordination of administrative support for ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Review all incoming correspondence, determine the priority of communication, and bring to the attention of the director of affairs that is particularly relevant or urgent. Redirect materials to appropriate departmental officials for draft preparation or response. Maintain a follow-up system to ensure that redirected requests are handled.
- Manage general office operations in areas such as inventory management, equipment maintenance, key management, liaison with support services.
- Coordinates human resource processes within areas of responsibility. Maintain records of employees (time recording) of staff appointed under the director. Engage with human resources on queries or issues regarding HR programs / processes and enter payroll information into the SAP system.
- Provide administrative support to committees chaired by the director and other committees, as required, may include committee in the middle. Schedules, coordinates, participates, produces minutes, discusses room / equipment and follows up for recurring or ad-hoc meetings.
- Compile routine correspondence for review / approval by the director.
- Proofread and edit material for clarity, punctuation and grammar.
- Review monthly departmental financial reports and report differences and variances to management.
- Take appropriate measures to bring about process improvements.
- Other related duties as required.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, business hours (75 hours twice a week).
- Graduate of a recognized office administration, business or secretarial program required.
- At least three (3) years experience with administrative support to management at senior level is required.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Administrative experience in a healthcare environment, preferably.
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Keyboard skills of 60 wpm; maximum four (4) permissible errors (tests can be done on shortlisted candidates).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Meeting Planner, SAP, SuccessFactors, esource, Adobe and Meditech.
- Proven time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and / or supervision.
- Shows high regard for quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work well independently and as a member of the team.
- Flexibility to meet workload requirements.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in sensitive information to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Operates effectively in a stressful environment with multiple deadlines and simultaneous activities and demands.
- Competence in other languages is considered an asset; French preferred.
Thank you for your interest in IWK Health. We will only contact the applicants selected for interview / testing. Applicants who invite us to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or test) have the right to request accommodation. Discuss your needs when you are invited to the assessment process.
Please note: our service offering is subject to the completion and satisfactory results of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
If you are an employee of IWK Health, you must apply to ensure that you are marked as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 23:59 on the closing date.
Location: Halifax, NS
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:49:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!