Job title: Taste NY Market Clerk – Salmon Run Mall – Watertown, NY
Company: Cornell University
Job description: This position will serve as the Taste NY Market Store Clerk and work under the guidance and supervision of the Taste NY Market Manager and Taste NY Assistant Market Manager. The primary responsibilities include assisting with inventory management, cash register management, cash control, in-store inventory transportation, customer service, food service and record keeping. The store clerk will inspect the store daily for cleanliness, organization and refill supplies if necessary. This position will also open and close the store, and act in the capacity of cashier, store clerk and handyman, if necessary. The clerk is expected to discuss Jefferson County agriculture and local food with clients to engage them in these areas and provide on-demand information about the food and farm produce sold in the store.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLICATION
All applicants must apply online on October 28, 2021 to be eligible for this position. All applicants must submit a complete application online, which includes: cover letter, CV and three (3) references.
All external applicants (including applicants currently working at Cornell Cooperative Extension in associations other than the association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his / her application materials via the “APPLICATION” button in this position.
All internal applicants (current employees working for the association, advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his / her Workday account, which can be obtained here:.
Contact Jane Pearson, Association HR Coordinator at 315-788-8450 with questions.
This post is a full-time non-exempt post, 40 hours per week. The hourly rate for this item is $ 14.25.
- Associate degree or equivalent training.
- The ability to complete basic math in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate or learn to manage a cash register.
- Must be able to drive a personal vehicle or an association vehicle for the collection and delivery of the product from the warehouse to the Taste NY Market (handcar can be used for transportation purposes).
- Must be able to push / pull 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to lie 20-50 lbs. regularly.
- The ability to use or learn to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and the ability to meet the travel requirements associated with this position.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and / or weekends, as applicable.
- One (1) year experience in retail sales.
- Experience working in customer service and retail environments.
- Understanding of basic marketing.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of internet-based communication.
- Knowledge of the organization, operation, philosophy and goals of Cooperative Extension.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices.
Responsibilities / essential functions:
Coordination / operation – 95%
- Customer service – greets, helps and caters to the needs of store customers.
- Store inspection, organization and record keeping.
- Must assist in maintaining a clean facility.
- Cash control – follow all procedures for proper management and handling of cash.
- Replenishment of inventory and inventory. Track product inventory.
- Receive and record scheduled deliveries.
- Assist with the promotion of agricultural tourism in Jefferson County.
- Describe the local farms, products, food and products on display.
- Maintain equipment, fix problems if necessary and ask for repairs as indicated.
Professional improvement – 5%
- In collaboration with supervisor, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a way to increase competencies regarding job responsibilities and to address changes and priorities of the association.
- Collaborate on activities commonly supported by Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and safety – Applies to all duties and functions
- Support the association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, policies / procedures / requirements and standards of the Association.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents / injuries and report hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO / EPO and policy – Applicable to all duties and functions
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clients, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Help the Cornell Cooperative Extension system reach out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of and adhere to the established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County’s policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal employment opportunities
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for the appreciation of AA / EEO, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job title: Association Tmp program
Level: No degree – hourly
Payment rate: hourly
Contact Name: Jerilynn Cross
Number of openings: 1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration between Cornell University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, New York State, and New York State residents. According to NYS Law, rural and local extension societies are subordinate government agencies. This job opportunity is at the listed entities and not at Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for the appreciation of AA / EEO, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and support diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Notice to applicants: Read the requirement. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Expected salary: $14.25 per hour
Location: Watertown, NY
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:21:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!