Job title: Primary Care Assistant
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Application ID: 285924
Position number: 20003081
Placement end date: 27 September 2021
Website: WRHA Community Health Services
Workplace: Access River East
Department / Unit: River-East Primary Care Clinic
Union: MGEU COMMUNITY
Expected start date: ASAP
Expected Shift: days; evenings; weekends
Working hours: 7.25
Annual base hours: 1885
Salary: $ 19,260, $ 19,702, $ 20,199, $ 20,720, $ 21,331, $ 21,874
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Area! Our team provides a range of healthcare services through an integrated network of websites, services and organizations. We are united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable healthcare.
This role, which reports to the primary care manager, functions as a key member of the primary health care team and is responsible for managing the client’s overall clinical visit. The incumbent performs a variety of administrative and team functions and serves as the most important point of contact for the client with their team. This role focuses on developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, team members and other professionals through direct participation in client care activities. This role is the face of a customer service system and ensures that customers respond consistently, care and receive concern. Empathy, compassion and quality are at the core of the primary care clinic’s customer service system. The primary care assistant must have excellent customer service skills to ensure that all customers are the only priority of the team during their visit. This role requires knowledge of advanced access principles and concepts to support access and patient flow within an inter-professional environment.
This position is responsible for arranging, managing and maintaining appointments, schedules and client (records), and organizing the site and environmental control. The incumbent must contribute to a respectful, safe and culturally appropriate work environment and, if necessary, participate in workload within their team and the overall clinic.
- A minimum of two years of related health experience is required.
- Experience in email and computerized calendars is required.
- Work knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience in maintaining medical records and filing systems, compiling statistics and processing personal health information.
- Switchboard / receptionist experience.
Education (Degree / Diploma / Certificate)
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a unit clerkship course and / or a medical office assistant course is required.
- Basic life support recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (ie CPR Anytime Family and Friends) provides a certificate when made available.
- A combination of training and experience can be considered.
Certification / License / Registration
Qualifications and skills
- Keyboard speed of 40 wpm required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Cultural security preferred.
- Mental Health First Aid Preferred.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member and form respectful relationships with team members, other professionals, clients and the community.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written).
- Knowledge of other languages, especially indigenous languages, is considered an asset.
- With respect for diversity and appreciating diverse perspectives and ideas.
- The ability to apply critical thinking for favorable client results.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by embracing and applying new practices to achieve goals and solve problems.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of excellent service, customer service and cultural security.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and manage private and confidential information.
- The ability to plan and organize a heavy workload under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and initiative through actions that favorably influence events.
- Must be able to pick up moderately and walk moderately.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-moving environment with frequent interruptions.
The collective agreement covering this position is identified by the Union mentioned above. Due to the health sector’s bargaining unit review law, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the identified Union. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources section of your website.
This position requires a current satisfactory criminal record check (including searching for a vulnerable sector), registration of child abuse and register checking for adults as conditions of service. The successful candidate is responsible for any service fees. A security test is considered topical if it has not been obtained more than six (6) months before the start of the service.
Note that an employee cannot hold two or more positions in the WRHA juristic person that is equivalent to more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Center, Deer Lodge Center, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs and WRHA community health services.
Interviews with candidates may be requested to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:57:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!