Job title: Pharmacy Assistant – Central Fill
Job description: McKesson can afford the new vaccine enthusiasts against COVID-19, and we can take the applications home.
McKesson strives for better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We transport more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and eventually supply distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions across Canada. But we are so much more than a distribution company. We have automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and issued more than 100 million doses per year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients rely on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for all of us.
At McKesson Canada, you help us carry out our mission to improve lives and promote health care. Working here is your opportunity to form an industry that is extremely important to all of us.
Under the supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy assistant is mainly responsible for filling prescriptions in the packaging. The pharmacy assistant prepares compliance and unit dose packaging of various medicines in a highly automated, industrial environment with complete accuracy. In addition, the pharmacy assistant will perform routine support functions for the Central Fill Pharmacy. This position requires knowledge of pharmacy operations and computer systems, customer service practices and the ability to perform a full range of official / administrative support functions independently and accurately and on time.
- Process orders for medicines and prescriptions using automatic technology and manual assembly if necessary
- Operates computer-automated machinery and related equipment in continuous production to complete and package medicine and prescription orders
- Perform automatic recipe reconstruction
- Examine the quality of the product and materials
- Document all necessary information, ie production records, for quality control purposes
- Sort orders for medicines and prescriptions to ensure delivery to the right places
- Compile shipping and invoicing documents
- Assist with inventory control, including ordering, maintaining and organizing appropriate inventory and packaging supplies to support recipes
- Export receipt and inventory of incoming inventory and inventory
- Perform inventory audit counts
- Assist with the orientation of newly hired pharmacy staff
- Assist pharmacists and registered technicians, if necessary, to ensure productivity and operational efficiency. Maintain effective communication and working relationship with clients at all levels of the organization and business contacts
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
Work with the central pharmacy staff to be customer oriented; security-driven services. Participate in quality, self-assessment activities to improve personal performance and to identify personal and professional development requirements. Meets quality, operational and productivity standards. Adhere to the company’s policies, shared principles and guidelines for quality management. Demonstrate and promote compliance with all program-specific performance measures. Participate in continuing education sessions as needed.
- Work experience as a pharmacy assistant for 2-5 years. Diploma of GED High School
- The ability to plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate operational activities in a complex and busy environment
- Act consistently in a professional way
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and solve problems creatively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Has shown success in working effectively and collectively in a team environment
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing and results-oriented environment
- The ability to identify and solve problems. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of MS software (Outlook, Word, PPT and Excel)
- Experience in a centralized prescription processing environment
- Experience in launching new pharmacy programs and / or opening a new pharmacy is an asset
- Familiarity with the advantages, limitations and interdependence of packaging automation
- Previous experience with automation of pharmacies. Clear understanding of pharmacy operations
Permanent worker type
McKesson is an Employer who adheres to the principles of equal access to employment.
The information presented here is not an informative sea. All vacancies that McKesson offers in this recruitment system are the subject of skills requirements that they own. Requirements in terms of competences and qualifications as well as privileged experience are determined by the branch, by the office or by the service of the company that offers the position; all posts are subject to laws and restrictions in force for the sake of employment. This includes the laws on immigration which entail the requirements of work permits, any other government permit applicable or any question of conformity.
The information presented on this site is provided without any form of warranty, whether express or implied, and therefore, without exclusion, the guarantee as to the complete nature of the information contained in this site or in any case this site makes reference. Binne as McKesson attempts to update its site at the appropriate time, the information is not valid except to count the time and date to which it was published.
McKesson adheres to the principles of equal access to employment and values the diversity of its main work. We encourage all competent people to apply and we accommodate the needs of candidates in the measure where they do not cause any prejudice in all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information that appears on this site is for informational purposes only and has no legal value.
Current employees must post in the Internal Career Opportunities site.
Come work by McKesson with us!
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:56:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!