Job title: Medical Assistant – Patient Aid
Job description: Description
Medical Assistant – Patient Assistance Needed for Dubai
A health worker who assists the registered nurse / midwife with the obligations of patients with different health care needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assist in providing high quality care to patients and their families under the guidance and supervision of the registered nurse / midwife.
- Demonstrates a range of skills to meet the needs of patients while promoting dignity, privacy and respect.
- To provide a variety of duties for health care and non-nursing, to ensure an efficient and effective service to the department at all times.
- To assist with administrative and non-nursing duties.
- To perform basic care under the guidance of a registered nurse / midwife. Assist the trained nurse with the daily personal hygiene of the patient, bath / shower, eating and drinking, turning around, turning and positioning patients, etc.
- To assist all patients who are able to do so to independence and activity under the guidance of the registered nurse / midwife.
- To provide patient comfort by using resources and materials; transport of patients; answering patients’ call bells and requests; reporting patient observations to team leader.
- To assist with the lifting and turning of patients, the transport of patients in wheelchairs, pieces or beds between wards.
- To change bedding when needed / make beds and perform light household chores in the patient’s rooms.
- To help transfer patients to other wards.
- To accompany patients who are ready for discharge to the main exit (vestibule).
- To transport samples to laboratories.
- To transport equipment and patient records between departments.
- To support the registered nursing staff and ward clerk in the administrative, administrative and reception services in the ward.
- To help maintain inventory and non-medical supplies.
- To develop and use good communication skills, and to receive and pass on telephone messages.
- To use aids and equipment provided to patients correctly. Report the needs and obvious defects of this equipment to the registered nurse / midwife in charge.
- To cover the duties of the Ward Clerk in her absence.
Education and licenses
- Minimum diploma.
- BSN preferred
- Nursing qualification without license
- or prefer any UAE approved license
- At least 2 years in a hospital environment / nursing experience / background
Expected salary: 3500 per month
Job date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:01:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!