Job title: Logistics Support Officer
Company: Big Fish Recruitment
Job description: Our client, a European government organization, is looking for an EXPO 2020 logistics support officer to work at their embassy in Dubai. The postman will support the embassy during the Expo 2020, on a fixed term contract from Sep 2021 – March 2022.
During the period of Expo 2020, the embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai expect a large number of ministerial and other VIP visits to the UAE. The postmaster will play an important logistical and administrative support role for these visits, helping the broader team of Corporate Services to manage the associated increased logistics requirements. The key element of this role is to work with the UAE Visits and Expo 2020 teams and provide support for a range of services to official visitors at Expo 2020. You will be responsible for administering a range of cross-cutting processes that support the effective delivery of corporate services and logistics. Good organizational and communication skills and attention to detail are essential. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and resilience in a busy and demanding work environment. Although the employee lives in Dubai, he may have to travel to Abu Dhabi, but a UAE driver’s license is not required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supports the transport team and the preparation of transport plans for visits
- Supports the management of the team of managers working at the embassy during Expo 2020
- Assist with logistical planning for visits, including permits and bookings; be a point of contact for inner visitors and their meeting requests
- Liaise with key stakeholders and be the most important point of contact for logistics regarding visits
- Ensure information flows between corporate services, political and Expo 2020 teams on visitor logistics
- Welcome visitors to the embassy and help arrange meetings
- Helps to coordinate and manage the logistics of the embassy’s crisis services for corporate services related to Expo 2020
- Assist with the review and reporting of ongoing compliance in accordance with the audit requirements, provide update reports on progress, including with regard to expense reports
- Experience in the office support or executive assistant role.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an important focus on communication (written and oral) in English.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- The ability to organize and prioritize workload, organize records, and meet deadlines and changing priorities, while paying attention to detail.
- Team player, with a proven ability to work together and support others to deliver results
- Show courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders. Able to show discretion in dealing with sensitive matters, with the confidence of all involved.
- Very good IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Required skills: Lead and communicate, work together and collaborate, manage a quality service, deliver on pace
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our goal is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that exceeds the norm, giving them peace of mind and full confidence in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialize in their fields and have extensive experience in the area and beyond. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are based on trust and integrity and that they are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and the environment in which we live; therefore, Big Fish supports initiatives that promote human well-being, environmental protection and sustainability.
Job date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 07:49:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!