Job title: Assistant Front Office Manager
Job description: Description
Assistant Front Office Manager
Postcode (ZIP) 21085839
Work category Rooms and guest services
Location Courtyard Dubai Green Community, Green Community, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Schedule Full Time
Position type management
Remotely located? A.
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries, Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard will ensure that guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World ™ by Courtyard by Marriott.
Entry-level management position responsible for guiding and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front offices include bell / door staff, switchboard and guest services / desk. Strive to ensure the satisfaction of guests and employees and achieve the operating budget. Helps to fulfill financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the gas services, reception or related professional field.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in hotel and restaurant management, hospitality, business administration or related major; no work experience required.
Supports the management of the reception team
- Uses interpersonal and communication skills to guide, influence and encourage others; advocates good financial / business decision-making; shows honesty / integrity; lead by example.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation between team members.
- It serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behavior.
- Supports all daily operations.
- Understand employees’ positions well enough to perform duties in the absence of employees.
- Train, advise and encourage employees.
- Deal with questions and concerns of employees.
- Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
- Accompany the service at the reception daily.
- Communicate performance expectations to employees according to job descriptions for each job.
Monitor and support progress with regard to guest services and goals at the bar
- Manage the daily operations, ensure the quality, standards and meet the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and achieve your work.
- Deal with complaints, resolve disputes and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiate with others.
- Attend departmental meetings and constantly communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the goals of the reception to deliver the desired results.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Supervise staff levels to ensure guests’ service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Train staff to comply with all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervise same-day sales procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understand the impact of the reception activities on the general goals and objectives of property.
Ensure excellent customer service
- Provides services that are satisfied and retained above and beyond customers.
- Improve service by communicating individuals and helping to understand the needs of the guest, by providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Give a positive example for gas ratios.
- Empower employees to deliver excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Deal with problems with guests and complaints and seek help from the supervisor if necessary.
- Interact with guests to get feedback on product quality and service levels.
Project management and policies
- Implementation of the customer recognition / service program, communication and the assurance of the process.
- Assist with review of comment cards and the results of guest satisfaction with employees.
- Ensure that employees have the right supplies and uniforms.
- Assist with the use of a guest tracking system to ensure that a successful guest recognition program is used to recognize guests’ preferences and to solve problems.
Supports the handling of human resource activities
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring or helping others improve their knowledge or skills.
- Providing and guiding subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provide feedback to individuals based on observation of service behavior.
- Participate in an ongoing employee recognition program.
- Do training where necessary.
- Participate in the employee review process.
- Provide information by telephone, in writing, by e-mail or in person to supervisors, co-workers and subordinates.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Notify the managers, peers and subordinates in a timely manner and / or work up to date.
- Perform, if necessary, all duties at the reception.
- Understand the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge / Guest Services operations.
- Comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in appointing a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 01:53:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!