Job title: Assistant Event Operations Manager
Job description: Place date September 22, 2021
Postcode (ZIP) 21105342
Post Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, 74-855 Country Club Drive, Palm Desert, California, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Schedule Full Time
Position type management
Remotely located? A.
Marriott International’s brand portfolio includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, the flagship brand of Marriott International with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host at Marriott Hotels, you will fulfill this promise by delivering first-class choices, sophisticated style and well-made details. With your skills and imagination, we will innovate together and rediscover the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive vacation spots around the world. JW believes that our employees are first. Because if you are happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you are part of a community and enjoy true camaraderie with a diverse group of staff. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and above all a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxurious environment. To treat guests extraordinarily, start with the way we care for our co-workers. This is The JW Treatment ™.
Communicate service needs to chefs and stewards during functions. Total charges for group functions and prepares and presents checks for group contacts. Verify that banquet halls, restaurants and coffee breaks are ready for service. Verify that the correct centers appear on each table. Inspect the neatness and representation of all porcelain, glass and silver before use. Visit guests to verify satisfaction. Set up tables according to type of event and service standards. Submit additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary requirements and special requests to the kitchen. Maintain the neatness of the work areas during the day. Supports compliance with trademark standards and legal obligations. Supports and leads shift teams to deliver consistent, high-quality service. Coordinates and leads daily stand-up meetings, pre-shift meetings and before and after meal briefings. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Help more senior executives complete financial and administrative duties. Strive to continually improve the satisfaction of guests / events and employees and maximize financial performance.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or GED or 2-year degree from an accredited university in hotel and restaurant management, hospitality, business administration or related major; 2 years experience in food and beverage, cooking, guest services, reception, housekeeping or related professional field.
- If there is no standard educational background, you must include at least 3 years of experience in two of the following areas of hospitality, including food and beverage, cooking, guest services, reception, housekeeping or related professional field.
- Experience with managing a shift, scheduling, performance management of PAFs, problem solving, daily operation, hospitality skills.
Management of event activities related to banquets, event services
- Verify that meeting and event rooms / space according to the documentation of the event (banquet events, orders, CVs, etc.)
- Lead shifts and actively participate in ministry opportunities.
- Comply with and enforce all standards, policies and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Helps keep track of inventory of function room amenities (eg pads, pens, candy, water service) and other controllable supplies.
- Attend and participate in all relevant meetings (eg Daily Stand Up, BEO, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intra-Departmental).
- Attend meetings before / before the meeting if necessary to understand the needs of the group.
- Communicate critical information to the banquet, event services and event technology teams.
- Carry out inspections of room functions before each event to ensure that the room is set according to specifications.
- Delegate tasks to ensure room sets are on time and meet event management standards.
- Verify employee awareness of the event phase portion of the event satisfaction survey and guest satisfaction scores.
- Keep attendance logs for banquet, event service and event technology employees.
- Manage departmental supplies and assets, including par levels and equipment maintenance.
- Order supplies for the department (eg porcelain, glass, silver, buffet equipment and other equipment needs).
- Schedule staff for banquets and events for predictions and service standards while maximizing profits.
- Use tools for banquet drinks to guide the supervisor of banquet drinks in the control of beverage costs, the constant supply of the banquet drink and the acquisition of liquor.
- Practice and execute brand-specific meeting program according to Brand Standard (Redcoat program, PlumPerfect program, etc.)
- Assist with the Event Technology / Audio Visual team if necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the event planning team to verify the flawless delivery of events.
Lead teams in daily activities and keep teams at high work standards while modeling these standards
- Verify that knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations is up to date.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for service.
- Participate in division meetings by conveying a clear and consistent message about the departmental goals to deliver the desired results.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Provides excellent customer service
- Encourage employees to provide excellent guidelines within the guidelines.
- Deal with problems and complaints from the guest, seek help from the driver if necessary.
- Interact with guests to get feedback on product quality and service levels; respond to gas problems and complaints effectively and deal with them if necessary.
- Meet and greet guests.
- Understand the impact that banquet, event services and event technology operations have on the overall success of an event, and manage activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
Help with human resource activities
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or help other people improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participate in the employee appraisal process and assist in completing annual performance appraisals.
- Support training when appropriate.
- Assist if necessary with the interviews and appointment of team members with the necessary skills.
- Schedule employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business requirements and productivity goals.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in appointing a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:21:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!