Job title: Academic Services Coordinator
Company: New College of the Humanities
Job description: POSITION OVERVIEW
Benefits Broad benefits package, including 25 days pro rata holiday allowance (excluding holidays), group life insurance, group income protection, pension schemes and private health care (optional)
Reports to Assistant Registrar (Student Records)
As an academic services coordinator (ASC), you form part of the register and provide timely and effective support to the student body, faculty and other departments of the college to ensure that the college provides an exceptional student experience at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Assistant Registrar (Student Records) with the administration and accurate recording of student data on the student information system:
- Provide students’ letters and copies as required
- Reporting of OfS’s statutory returns on student data, including the collection of data for the annual monitoring of the College’s Access and Participation Plan.
- Supports the organization of the Freshers’ Week, induction and enrollment of students.
- To assist the Assistant Registrar (Assessment) in the administration for all assessments to the College if necessary.
- To assist the registrar in the management and administration of the student journey from enrollment to graduation.
- Occasional work in uncomfortable hours will be required.
- To keep up to date, to keep up to date and to comply with all policies and regulations of the college (eg Academic textbook, Academic quality framework, Staff textbook, Health and safety, Data protection, etc.).
- Collaborate with colleagues around college events such as finishing, matriculation, prize giving, newcomers, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with faculty and professional staff and to provide support to the broader department during busy periods and appropriate to the skills established.
- Any other duties which correspond to the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and / or training and as prescribed by the Assistant Registrars, Registrar or Management.
- Promote a positive work environment with a good team spirit, including the larger support teams, with student experience at the forefront of all endeavors.
New College of the Humanities at Northeastern, founded in 2012 with the aim of providing the highest quality education in the humanities and social sciences, has established itself as a prestigious institution of higher education in the heart of London. We offer a unique and broad liberal arts-inspired curriculum with highly personalized instruction, which can include tutorials. The college is experiencing an exciting period of growth, which in early 2019 became part of the worldwide network of the Northeast University.
Person specification (essential / desirable)
Education, qualifications and training
- Undergraduate degree [D]
- Experience with an administrative role in the education sector [E]
- Experience working in a student support environment [E]
- Experience working with a higher education provider [D]
- Experience working with overseas students, with possible knowledge of other languages [D]
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good written communication and strong interpersonal skills to deal with individuals at different levels [E]
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, with experience in student information systems [E]
- Experience using CELCAT, Canvas and Google platforms [D]
- Well organized and can prioritize and work under pressure [E]
- The ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters [E]
Applications must be submitted before 20.00, 21 October 2021. Please refer to your application “AC0921”. Participation in the Equal Opportunities Division is encouraged but voluntary.
Applications must contain a cover letter of no more than one page and a complete curriculum vitae.
Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed upon receipt, and it is possible that an appointment will be made before the closing date of this job advertisement. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Applications are welcome from all parts of the community and will be judged on merit only. Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are fit to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:01:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!