Job title: Operations Supervisor and Park Assistant – Lake Johnson Park
Company: City of Raleigh
Job description: Job description
The city of Raleigh is looking for a park assistant for Lake Johnson Park. This position is responsible throughout the year for providing outstanding customer service, facilitating memorable parking experiences and overseeing the park’s operations. Lake Johnson Park consists of 350 acres of wooded park and nature reserve, a 150-acre lake and two fully staffed facilities. The park offers access to park trails, programs, seasonal boat rentals and private events under supervision. The Park Assistant is an important member of our staff and contributes to the effort to serve the public. Park assistants are LGERS staff members who oversee the park in the absence of full-time staff. Successful candidates are able to coordinate staff, prioritize and manage tasks, and apply risk management skills to day-to-day operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist full-time facility management with supervision and guidance on operations, programs, hiring and staffing activities
- Patrol park lands and water, inspect and maintain park facilities
- Responsible for the safety and security of the park, including emergency and medical response
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to enforce facility and parking policies if necessary
- Proper collection and handling of fees in accordance with cash handling policies and procedures
- Help inspect, maintain and clean park facilities and equipment
- Opportunity to facilitate environmental and outdoor recreation programs
- Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver’s license and is expected to receive a City of Raleigh driver’s license
- Reliable transport is required
- Applicants must be enthusiastic to work with all populations, demonstrate personal maturity, have communication and customer service skills, be self-driven and confident in dealing with conflict resolution.
- The post requires you to be able to work flexible hours during weekends, evenings and holidays. Availability of the week is required
- Flexibility to operate late rentals, programs and special events, as required
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds. independent and 100 pounds. collaborative
- Applicant must be able to work in an outdoor environment, including different weather conditions
- Applicant must be able to cross a mile on uneven terrain with a day package / first aid kit
- Required to obtain and maintain a first aid and CPR certification
- Must successfully complete all city training within 60 days of rental
- Understanding and willingness to work in outdoor environments and changing weather conditions.
- Realize the value of outdoor recreation and environmental education for community members
- Background in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, Wildlife, Fisheries, Environmental Sciences, Outdoor Recreation, or related field
- Previous work experience at an environmental education center, outdoor recreation center and / or green spaces
- Familiarity with City of Raleigh Parks, Facilities and Programs
- Able to effectively lead and supervise a team of collaborators in a fast-paced, active leisure environment.
- Able to show concern for and awareness of all established safety protocols, for their program participants, themselves, colleagues and the public
- Able to provide customer service to customers in a variety of situations, including introduction to park facilities, interpretation of rules and program offerings
- Able to successfully manage and prioritize various tasks and projects
- Can solve problems and resolve conflicts, resulting in positive outcomes
- Able to use a computer and various software to perform administrative tasks
- This post is expected to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- The schedule will vary according to the park and facility needs.
- Candidate is expected to be available at least 24 hours a week.
- This post is limited to 1500 hours per year and 36 hours per week.
- This post pays $ 10.75 / hour
- This position is necessary to participate in the local pension system for employees
Expected salary: $10.75 per hour
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:32:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!