Job title: Nursing Assistant
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Application ID: 286261
Position number: 20039121
Placement end date: 27 September 2021
Site: Health Sciences Center
Department / Unit: Medicine Program Relief Team
Union: CUPE-1550 (204)
Expected start date: 10/01/2021
Expected Shift: days; evenings; nights; weekends; non-repetitive (non-compliance)
Daily hours worked: 7.75 and 11.63
Annual base hours: 2015
Salary: $ 18,265, $ 18,813, $ 19,377, $ 19,958, $ 20,557, $ 21,174
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services in Manitoba. The organization also provides provincial health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for health organizations in Manitoba.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the manager of patient care or nurse in charge, the incumbent:
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks and serves as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients, as well as regular household chores to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% depending on unit, occupancy and shift).
Previous related work experience preferred.
Education (Degree / Diploma / Certificate)
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program or equivalent (both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs) is required.
- Medical terminology (pass rate of 75%) is required.
Qualifications and skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants who are competent in an indigenous language and / or knowledge of indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Information and / or training will be provided within the trial period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Basic keyboard skills are required.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the post.
- The ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- The ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to respond to different simultaneous demands.
- The ability to act as a team member and get help if needed.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and the ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the post.
- The ability to use information technology equipment as needed, e.g. Fax, copier, computer, etc.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- The position may involve physical activity, such as lifting, transporting and transporting patients and equipment.
The collective agreement covering this position is identified by the Union mentioned above. Due to the health sector’s bargaining unit review law, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the identified Union. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources section of your website.
We have a unique ability to work together to make healthcare better. If you want to make a difference and make a contribution to support the health of your family, friends and neighbors, you still need to apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Fit” icon below to upload their cover letter, CV and copy of licenses / certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory criminal record check (including searching for a vulnerable sector), registration of child abuse and register checking for adults as conditions of service. The successful candidate is responsible for any service fees. A security test is considered topical if it has not been obtained more than six (6) months before the start of the service.
Note that an employee may not hold two or more positions in Shared Health equal to more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports fair employment and diversity in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:45:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!