Job title: MAINTENANCE MANAGER (HUDSON COAST)
Job description: POSITION: MAINTENANCE MANAGER (HUDSON COAST)
Department: MATERIAL RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: MAINTMAN2109-02
STATUS: FULL TIME REGULAR POSITION
Start date: OCTOBER 2021
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (AI) is a school board providing educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Material Resources, the maintenance manager on the Hudson Coast is responsible for managing the technical, administrative and manual activities required for the operation of a group of assistance services relating to the maintenance of buildings, equipment and sites, capital projects, energy resources and fields of intervention relating to warehouse management, employee training management and property management for the following communities: Puvirnituq, Akulivik, Ivujivik. Other duties include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of a preventive and corrective maintenance management system.
- Identify and manage small capital projects by estimating costs, recording materials and overseeing work progress.
- Prepare the annual sealing equipment and material orders for operational and capital projects.
- Collect statistical information on the physical and mechanical aspects of each building.
- Implement and monitor a warehouse management inventory management system for operational inventory materials.
- Travel regularly to Hudson Coast communities to oversee the progress of maintenance services and report follow-up recommendations to the Assistant Director of Material Resources.
- Evaluation and supervision of the employees of the body assigned to maintenance and regional maintenance services.
- Provide support and assistance to school managers in managing material resources, supervising employees, prescriptions and policies, and coordinating fire drills.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of the operating budget for material resources, together with various capital budgets.
- Implementation of training materials for practical technical training to the unskilled employee.
- Any other related tasks required by the supervisor.
- A diploma of collegiate studies in an appropriate field of study.
- Priority will be given to candidates with recognized credentials to work with oil-heated heating equipment.
- Six (6) years relevant experience.
- A valid certificate of competency for the exercise of a trade relevant to the post.
- Ten (10) years relevant experience.
The Board may, in its sole discretion, waive any or all of the above qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts as a condition of service a training plan followed by the Council has been determined.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in at least two of the council’s three working languages (Inuktitut, French, English).
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-06 * according to the working conditions of AI managers: from $ 74,250 to $ 98,997 annually, depending on qualifications and experience
Insulation premium sector 1:
- Without dependents: $ 10,015;
- With dependents: $ 17,652.
In addition to salary, you may also be eligible for other benefits such as:
- 30 days annual holiday
- Up to 10 recovery days
- Two weeks holiday during holiday season
and, if applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern Grant
- Social travel
- Food load
All benefits are proportionally based on the percentage of the task.
Deadline for application is: 5 October 2021 at 16:00
Send application by e-mail to:
You must indicate MAINTMAN2109-02 in the subject of the email.
Only the candidates being considered will be contacted.
Location: Hudson, QC
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:50:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!