Job title: Communications Intern
Company: APCO Worldwide
Job description: Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independent global communications and business strategy firm with offices in major cities in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and non-profit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority-owned business owned by women.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
The Middle East and North Africa are home to some of the fastest growing economies, and play an important role in managing global dialogue – from environmental policy to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this comparison, although the wave of innovation still crosses borders.
APCO started its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. As a result of a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has more than 200 people from 26 countries working in teams in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyad, Manama and Kuwait, and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded by PRWeek in 2019 as the best agency in the Middle East and in 2017 and 2019 as Best Agency to Work For: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media.
With a portfolio of more than 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices provide public relations and support for digital communications on health, food, consumer and retail, finance, technology, real estate and hospitality, non-profit and public affairs. The region also offers specialized services created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our compass and licensing offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first of its kind innovation center that uses artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputation of major global brands, governments and organizations, is being removed from its Dubai office.
From the help of governments with the private sector and civil society, to the support of the Pope’s historic visit to the region and the introduction of iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and are proud of it. that we can make an impact.
SUMMARY: The intern is responsible for supporting assigned staff for designated projects. Specific responsibilities may include Internet research, mail coordination and database development and follow-up for client events (media or participants). The intern reports to the designated project staff and / or the internal coordinator.
DEMONSTRATING SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE AS A PROJECT ASSISTANCE:
- Gather information and conduct primary research on client issues as requested; provide sources for reference
- Use the available tools and resources to do research as fully as possible
- Contact forums / institutes for more information on the research
- Assist project managers with tasks, including but not limited to:
- database development
- event coordination
- media calls
- Compile client material
- Provide seamless support to the team
- Provides strong and polished research material
- Is tactful and under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and fixed information
- Listen, carry and receive ideas, information and direction
- Demonstrate strong written communication internally and externally
- Demonstrate the ability to offer alternative solutions when facing challenges
- Use all resources and time management skills to achieve the desired results independently
- Immerse yourself in digital communication, including social media, and apply the experiences to customer work
- Keep abreast of new developments in digital and social media, including techniques, platforms and best practices
- Is aware of and adheres to ethical standards and company policies relating to digital and social media
- Develop new ideas and recommend new solutions that leverage digital best practices and advance clients’ interests
- Shows respect for and the ability to work well with all colleagues
- Assist team members / peers when needed, even if it is outside your own role
- Accept different ideas and experiences of team members
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain a complete picture and overview outside of his / her own practice or team
- Appreciate and respect diversity of people, ideas and perspectives
- Demonstrate and reinforce APCO values and behavior
- Use, if possible, social media and other ways to maintain a professional profile outside of APCO that strengthens APCO’s brand
- Comply with time registration policy
- Participate fully and positively in business management and administrative processes
- Submit expenses, vendor accounts, accounts (if applicable) on time and within the APCO policy
EDUCATION: Undergraduate or university degree
EXPERIENCE: Previously in the short term at another reputable consulting or communication firm (preferably, but not a requirement)
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: The physical abilities required to perform the duties of this post, in addition to the office climate
- Office environment is a general office environment
- Some travel may be required
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 00:30:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!