Job title: Assistant Director – Facilities, Transportation, and Capital Projects
Company: Civic Info
Job description: School District No.35 (Langley)
Assistant Director – Facilities, Transport and Capital Projects (released) Continued full-time position
School District No. 35 (Langley) is looking for an assistant director – facilities, transport and capital projects (released).
The assistant director, facilities, transport and capital projects, who reports to the director facilities, transport and capital projects, is responsible for defined tasks in the day-to-day operations and participation in capital planning. Within this capacity, the incumbent regularly liaises with consultants, contractors, municipal staff, regulatory authorities and internal stakeholders. A fundamental aspect of this role is the management of a team of maintenance managers who oversee the departments of all trade, storage and security, as well as the driver – transport and site, who oversees bus drivers, route managers and the site department. The incumbent will assume the duties and address issues for the director – facilities, transport and capital projects during absence.
The assistant director – facilities, transport and capital projects assists and supports the director – facilities, transport and capital projects in the following functions:
Maintenance: Facilities, transport and sites
- Assists the reporting managers in the day-to-day maintenance and repair of district facilities, various transportation and site issues as needed (e.g. field hours after hours) and assists during their absence.
- Plan and manage a comprehensive maintenance program for the structural and operational maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment and property.
- Develop and implement a local facility audit program.
- Oversees updates and revisions of: the Ministry’s Verified Facilities Assessment (VFA); the facility manual; and floor plans for district buildings.
- Follow the use of district space.
- Lead the Maintenance Division on District Project Initiatives.
- Manage the installation of portable buildings.
- Coordinates and is the key contact person for the District Leadership Team (DLT) for responding to inclement weather (eg snow removal, storms, power outages, etc.).
- Coordinate coverage and approve drivers’ leaves.
- Assist with the development of the 5-year capital plan and associated feasibility studies.
- Control the planning room and project manuals arising from the capital projects.
- Prepare, evaluate and award tenders and quotations for contract work.
- Manage the annual allowance.
Safety and risk management
- Work with the district health and safety manager to guide health and safety for maintenance.
- Is the most important contact person for the work inspections of WorkSafe.
- Do and participate in risk assessments and inspections.
- Monitor and evaluate work to ensure WorkSafe compliance, administrative procedures and policies.
Within this context, he performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree, diploma and / or professional designation in a related field. Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent, related progressive supervision and management experience in a large, complex union environment. Evidence of continuous professional and leadership development.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage competitive priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and manage employees in a complex union environment.
- Strong background in occupational health and safety (OH&S) and WorkSafe regulation.
- The ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven judgment, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated with the willingness and ability to act independently and take responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of building technology, materials and methods for architectural, mechanical, electrical and structural disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation, codes and regulations.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
We offer a competitive salary, including a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified individuals can apply online through the Make A Future website by. This posting closes on Monday, 18 October 2021, at 16:00
The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, but only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Successful applicants will undergo a criminal record test.
Region: Professional Categories: ,,
Posted: 21 Sep 2021, 16:40
Expires: 18 October 2021, 16:00
Type of employment: Full-time
Working time: permanent
Education requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma of a program from 1 year to 2 years
Work experience: 5 years or longer
Do you want such work sent to you?
Our service partner
Location: Langley City, BC
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:35:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!