Job title: Assistant Chief Steward
Job description: Description
Assistant General Manager
Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category Food & Beverage
Welcoming and caring for others is part of our group’s DNA. In an unprecedented context of sanitary crisis, Accor has taken proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, candidates, clients and partners, including the establishment of the ALL Heartist® Fund dedicated to employees of the group and individual partners affected by Covid-19. Accor has also introduced the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention label in our hotels, with some of the strictest cleaning standards and operational protocols in the world of hospitality. We will get through this together by showing solidarity and humanity. #AccorCares #AllHeartist # HEART4ALL
Position: Asst. General Manager
Department: F&B Culinary
Reports to: Steward
Positions supervised: Stewarding Supervisor & Stewards
SCOPE OF WORK
⦁ Under the guidance and supervision of the General Manager / Executive Chef / Executive Sauce Chef and within the limits of the established policies and procedures, responsible for the supervision and guidance of all aspects of stewardship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * To report for duty punctually at all times and to wear the correct uniform and badges
- Supervise the function of all management colleagues
- Initiate and schedule preventative maintenance work and coordinate the process with Engineering.
- Make sure that all kitchen areas are cleaned and maintained according to the required standard for sanitation and hygiene.
- Check the buffet setup and mise en place and make sure everything is in order.
- Start the weekly necessities of the department.
- Check the supply of all outlets and production areas with a clean and correct mass before each service period.
- Minimize costs through breakage control, loss prevention and economic supplies and chemical use.
- Prepare the purchase request in the absence of the general manager.
- Make sure that dishwashers, dishwashers and kitchen areas are clean and maintained according to the sanitation and hygiene standards.
- Ensure the safe and correct use of stevedoring equipment, such as dishwasher and dishwasher, glass washing machine, silver burning machine and other stevedoring equipment and machinery.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all operating equipment.
- Be aware of and perform responsibilities under the Dubai Food and Hygiene Regulations.
- Make sure that all filters, hoods and kitchen floors are cleaned regularly according to the required standards.
- Assist the general manager in drawing up the annual budget.
- Retain the established stock of operating equipment.
- Assist the general manager in all inventory processes.
- Prepare accident reports according to the prescribed standards.
- Assist the general manager with the training requirements of the department.
- Enter accurate reports daily in the communication log.
- Provide and maintain the highest standard for guest care and service, both internal and external customers.
- Make sure all staff members strictly adhere to personal hygiene and care, from administrative to rank and file level.
- Make sure that the prescribed uniform is well printed and worn in good condition, and make sure that the name tags are worn at all times.
- Assist the general manager in maintaining and updating the departmental standard manual.
- Make sure that all members of the department show the required service standard.
- Assist the general manager to regularly monitor the performance of the staff according to the prescribed standard.
- Has a good knowledge of all the hotel facilities and can answer questions in a fast, polite and helpful way.
- Handle guests’ complaints or problems immediately and unresolved incidents are properly reported to the general manager.
- Ensure that the company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Discuss your responsibilities for health and safety at work.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures when they hear the alarm.
- Security aware of guests, colleagues and hotel property / welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a safe, hygienic and advantageous condition and that all damage to furniture, fittings and equipment is reported to the appropriate authority as well as the immediate manager.
- Communicate positively with colleagues to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Maintain a good and positive working relationship with colleagues and all other departments.
- Attend meetings, information sessions and training sessions or courses that benefit both departmental and personal individuals.
- Assist general manager with the orientation of new colleague members.
- Assist general manager with effective scheduling of colleagues
- Assist supervisors, managers in the operation, and redeploy colleagues if necessary to maximize productivity.
- Effectively oversees departmental activities while on duty.
- You must fully understand and comply with the company’s fire, hygiene and safety policies.
- Respond to changes in departmental function as determined by industry, business and hotel
- In the absence of the general manager, the assistant chief steward attends the meetings in the chef’s office and takes notes on important issues and communicates with all the stewards.
- In the absence of the general manager, the assistant chief steward raised important issues in the chef meeting and communicated with the executive chef regarding stewardship.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: * Reading, writing and oral skills in the English language
- Prior knowledge of dishwasher, steam cleaning, kitchen and floor cleaning equipment
- Some supervisory experience in banquets, restaurants, kitchens or stewardship.
Job date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 23:55:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!