Job title: Administrative Assistant, RBC Technology & Innovation Banking 1
Company: Royal Bank of Canada
Job description: What is the opportunity?
As an administrative assistant, you play a critical role by providing direct support to the director, relationship management at RBCx. RBCx is a complete service platform to accelerate the business journey at every stage of growth — access to capital solutions, innovative products and services, and operational expertise to help scale technological ventures. You will be responsible for managing schedules, departmental events and executive correspondence to ensure the effectiveness of the executive leadership team. In addition, on behalf of the directors, you will liaise with RBC Leadership and business partners, follow up action items, maintain calendars, coordinate travel arrangements, maintain and organize files, prepare correspondence and other presentation materials, and prepare / act as a pre-verification officer for departmental expenses.
What are you going to do?
- Provides administrative assistance to support the senior executive and maintains a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Assist as the primary liaison for the senior executive, with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates and maintains the correspondence, calendar and reporting of the senior executive officer, responds and gives priority, as appropriate and with discretion.
- Complex travel arrangements / itinerary proactive management; ensure seamless travel and efficient use of budgets and resources.
- Coordinates and provides support for internal and external event planning, such as extracurricular sessions, communication and roundtable sessions, city halls and coffee chat
- Manage the supplier relationships of the senior executive / leadership team, keep records and business expenses, and ensure that invoices and bills are paid immediately; expenditure prepared and approved according to the delegated authorities.
- Coordinate all aspects of the logistical organization of conferences / meetings. Develop agendas, materials and routines, including action items and follow-ups. Provide support after the event if necessary.
- Coordinate arrangements for changes to employees and on-board plans for new employees, including equipment and premises requirements and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Support the director’s monthly quality assessments of the portfolio by collecting relevant reports and comments from VPs on outstanding items.
What do you need to pass?
- 5+ years experience with executive or administrative support with the support of senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills specifically around calendar management, scheduling, the ability to organize, plan and schedule activities.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills to work effectively with different levels of staff, including senior management and executives; the ability to work as a team member.
- Good judgment in decision making; strong skills-solving skills and ingenious to work with others and represent the office of the senior executive.
- Expect the needs of the senior executive and mark questions or opportunities before problems arise.
- Demonstrate initiative, positive and helpful attitude when dealing with others professionally.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); Intranet and internet navigation and research skills.
Nice to have:
- Related experience in a matriculated corporate environment.
What do you have in it?
We thrive on the challenge of being our best, progressive thinkers to keep growing, and work together to provide trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care for each other, reach our potential, make a difference for our communities and achieve mutual success.
- The opportunity to be a valuable member of a critical team.
- Comprehensive compensation, including performance bonus, holiday, flexible health benefits.
- Significant exposure to stakeholders in various businesses.
- Interesting, complex work that makes a difference in people’s lives.
- A collaborative culture that recognizes innovative business ideas.
- Access to various applications, resources and technology.
Join our Talent Community
Stay up to date on great career opportunities at RBC. Sign in and get personalized information about our latest jobs, career tips and recruitment opportunities that are important to you.
Expand your boundaries and together create a new future at RBC. Discover how we use our passion and drive to improve the well-being of our customers and communities.
Address: 20 King St.
Working hours / week: 37.5
Work environment: Office
Type of employment: permanent
Occupation level: entry level
Payment type: Salary
Required trip (%): 0-25
Released / Non-Released: N / A
People Manager: No
Deadline for application: 10/05/2021
Platform: Personal and Commercial Banking
Ops ID: 416625
Advertising code (s):
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:27:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!