Job title: Secretary 3 – Maintenance Services
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Application ID: 286915
Position number: 20010536
Placement end date: 27 September 2021
Site: Health Sciences Center
Department / Unit: Facilities Management Admin – HSRC
Union: CUPE-1550 (204)
Expected start date: 10/04/2021
Expected relocation: days
Daily hours worked: 7.50
Annual base hours: 1950
Salary: $ 19,488, $ 20,073, $ 20,675, $ 21,295, $ 21,934, $ 22,592
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services in Manitoba. The organization also provides provincial health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for health organizations in Manitoba.
The incumbent, who reports to the Administrative Assistant IV Facility Management and Maintenance Services, is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of secretarial support for maintenance services.
- Duties include typing and drafting routine correspondence and memoranda.
- Set up and maintain all office systems.
- Perform payroll duties for staff, schedule coding, correction notices, and meal and mileage credits.
- Provide daily reception and holiday / sickness cover for the secretary in the department and assist to a lesser extent if one of the administrative assistants is away.
- Previous related experience of one year is required, preferably in a hospital.
Education (Degree / Diploma / Certificate)
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program is required.
- A combination of training and experience can be considered.
Qualifications and skills
- Type 60 wpm required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Teams, SAP, ESP, Outlook).
- Accounting skills for petty cash control and record keeping are required.
- Knowledge of database entry is preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the staff and payment procedures of the Health Sciences Center, as well as knowledge of trade union contracts related to employee benefits, is an advantage.
- Must have excellent telephone manners and the ability to receive and transmit precise messages.
- Must be able to function well with frequent interruptions.
- Use of VDT
The collective agreement covering this position is identified by the Union mentioned above. Due to the health sector’s bargaining unit review law, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the identified Union. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources section of your website.
We have a unique ability to work together to make healthcare better. If you want to make a difference and make a contribution to support the health of your family, friends and neighbors, you can still apply today.
Interested candidates should select the icon below to upload their cover letter, CV and license / certification copy.
This position requires a current satisfactory criminal record check (including vulnerable sector search), child abuse register and adult adult register control as conditions of service. The successful candidate is responsible for any service fees. A security test is considered topical if it has not been obtained more than six (6) months before the start of the service.
Note that an employee may not hold two or more positions in Shared Health equivalent to more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports fair employment and diversity in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:59:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!