Job title: Period Director, Medical Education
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
About the University
Khalifa University is a world-class research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The mission of the university is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst for the 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU main campus and the Sas Al Nakhl campus, the latter housing two of the KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
In reporting to the Assistant Dean – Medical Education, the Period Director for Medical Education – Periods 3 and 4 at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean during the scheduling and implementation of courses and topics during the third and fourth years of the medical education program.
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of all courses and topics within periods 3 and 4 of the medical education program
- Assist with the development of period3 and 4 calendars
- Assist with the development and annual updating of the courses. Ensure that curricula comply with the KU and CMHS policies
- Monitor and ensure that courses in periods 3 and 4 meet the objectives of medical education
- Coordinate course timetables with course directors and ensure the availability of rooms and IT support
- Ensure timely submission by course directors of degrees and course evaluations
- Coordinates meetings between student curriculum advisers and course directors
- Serve as a member of the official, non-voting member of the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Assist with the revision and approval of course examinations to ensure that they are consistent with course objectives and learning outcomes
- Coordinates medical student credentials with the Student Affairs and Clinical Office
- Provide information or prepare reports if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides coaching, guidance and mentorship as needed to improve the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of set goals and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses according to predetermined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness and monitor their results.
- Perform subordinate performance appraisals according to planned schedules and recommend the necessary actions according to applied practices.
- He holds periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that the priorities are clear and the workflow runs smoothly.
- Follow-up on administrative matters of employees, such as holidays, leave and other administrative and related matters.
- Eligible for faculty appointment in the rank of assistant professor or higher
- Previous leadership role in undergraduate medical education
- Regional, national or international recognition in medical education
- Proven achievements in teaching, research, delivery of health care and / or service at a level corresponding to assistant professor or higher.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in medical education and administration.
- Previous experience as course director in an MD program
- Proven management experience, the necessary expertise in collaboration with faculty members and professionals in medicine, strong interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of the university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management skills sufficient to effectively guide and develop staff and students.
- Five (5) or more years of experience overseeing curriculum design and development in an undergraduate medical education program
- Familiarity or experience with an educational institution in the Middle East.
How to apply
A complete application contains curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
If you need further assistance or if you have problems with the online application, please contact the recruitment team ().
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 05:29:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!