Job title: Operations Manager – Youth Services Center
Company: Rock County
Job description: This position plays a key role in the leadership of the Youth Service Center, which serves the youth and their families with complex needs. The operations manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of care and practice that is welcoming, responsive and focused on the comprehensive safety and well-being of youth, families and staff. Oversees the effective implementation, operation and outcomes of DOC 346 and DCF 59 Licensing Regulations. Lead and support a team of supervisors responsible for 24-hour care at the YSC. Responsible for supervision (clinical and administrative), quality improvement, personnel management within a trauma-informed framework, compliance with regulations and collaboration with staff of the Administrative Services Division. Demonstrate leadership in collaboration with key community partners. Work as part of a team of supervisors and managers responsible for the children’s youth, families and families. Supports and promotes the mission, vision and guiding principles of the department of human services. Perform in a manner consistent with the HSD Leadership Charter, Professional Standards and ‘Commitment to My Employees’.
50% – Supervise the efficient and effective daily operation of the YSC.
- Directly supervise YSC social worker and administrative assistant.
- Report regularly to the youth justice program manager on matters related to facility activities.
- Work closely with nursing, general services and IT on facilities related to facility operations.
- Supervise supervisors and staff who adhere to trauma-informed care practices.
- Identify, ensure and coordinate proper staff training based on DOC / DOJ standards.
- Work with chief invigilators and supervisors to ensure that line staff promote the values and mission of the YSC, CYF, HSD, and Rock County.
- Promotes a team atmosphere among staff and provides leadership on staff morale.
- Facilitate organized and effective team meetings.
- Supervise the daily schedule, structure and programming in the building.
- Provide 24-hour telephone and in-person call support, as required by crisis and emergency situations, according to a rotating schedule with the chief invigilator.
15% – Policies and procedures
- Responsible for overseeing the DOC 346 and DCF 59 licensing regulations
- Develop, edit and teach YSC policies and procedures
15% – Coordinate the delivery of treatment services, academic, health / medical and leisure programs to residents.
- Provides supervision to the facility social worker to ensure the proper treatment and coordination of the youth.
- Provides health care-related care for young people (nursing and food services).
- Work with the Janesville School District Director of Pupil Services to ensure the right educational services for youth.
- Provides facility oversight of behavior management program as well as the ACTIONS program.
10% – Manage staff-related matters related to facility staff.
- Ensure that annual performance evaluations are completed annually on all staff.
- Provides guidance and supervision to leadership invigilators and shift supervisors on leadership charter and professional standards.
- Interviews, rentals and assistance with personnel matters.
5% – Provide consultation for YSC Supervisor / Leads on after-hours when questions arise in the facility. The post will change the coverage with the main floor supervisor.
5% – Other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive work knowledge of institutional management practices with particular emphasis in an environment with a 24-hour operation involving young people between 10 and 17 years.
- Significant proficiency in interpreting federal and state regulations and statutes for the care and treatment of juveniles in residential / detention facilities; knowledge of evidence-based treatment programs.
- Significant knowledge of effective management and supervisory techniques and practices; working knowledge of behavioral health treatment methods
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices
- Knowledge of the juvenile justice system and housing / detention programs.
- Strong oral and written skills, strong interpersonal and liaison skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs in Microsoft Office products.
- Work knowledge in the analysis of reports and statistics.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal law, public administration, counseling, psychology, social work or related disciplines.
- At least three years experience in supervisory / administrative capacity within shelter care, safe detention, corrective, residential treatment facility or related environment.
- Certificate for young detention officer within one year after employment.
- Must have a current, unrestricted (not due to affirmative lens) driver’s license and motor insurance under Rock County Administrative Policy and Procedure Policies 5.02 and 5.27.
- POSC training within one year of employment.
- CPR / AED training within six months after employment.
- The ability to go up one flight of stairs
- Ability to lift and carry at least 20 pounds for at least 15 feet.
- The ability to squat around cells under bunk beds, tables, etc.
- The ability to carry mattresses and bags of laundry
- The ability to push the food cart with bowls of food
- The ability to push the mop bucket, move chairs and tables as needed
- The ability to lift, push / pull objects weighing up to 165 pounds
In an emergency, youth specialists must be able to physically restrain the youth by using the Principles of Subject Control (POSC); intervention in physical disputes between the youth; provide suicide intervention and first aid if necessary; and conduct evacuation and rescue efforts if there is an emergency situation in the building, such as a power outage, fire, tornado or other environmental issues.
Use of equipment:
- The ability to use a computer and a computer keyboard
- The ability to use portable radio
- Most work is inside the youth services center – a safe facility. Regular meetings of the department and county elsewhere.
- Possible exposure to blood and / or body fluids.
- Essential for operations
Expected salary: $33.59 – 40.77 per hour
Location: Janesville, WI
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 07:33:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!