Job title: Customer Service Assistant
Job description: Job title: Customer Service Assistant
Venue: Scrabster Terminal, Queen Elizabeth Pier, Scrabster, Caithness, KW14 7UT
Working week: 20 hours per week, shift patterns (may include weekends)
Salary: Up to £ 10,120 per annum
Qualification: Educated to Scottish higher standard or equivalent
Expected duration: permanent
We are looking for a customer service assistant to join our team. Serco NorthLink Ferries is an organization with a strong reputation in passenger and freight transport between the Northern Islands and the mainland of Scotland. We are looking for an enthusiastic, sincere and friendly person who really enjoys working with the public and wants to provide excellent service.
NorthLink Ferries offers daily ferry connections between the North and North East of Scotland and the Northern Islands. Our ferries run all year round and offer a welcome and reliable service, which caters for everyone and that travelers can expect a service that is a testament to the warmth and friendliness of the islands. We consider ourselves an integral member of our local communities and provide essential access and supplies to the islanders. We transport the equivalent of more than 43 thousand trucks and 347 thousand passengers annually.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants for this role should be able to communicate well with the public and team members
- Reliable and be smart because it is an office based role.
- To be able to follow standards and have good organizational skills
- Self-assured telephone manners and can use computer systems
- Enjoy a fast and customer-oriented environment
You receive practical training, development and progress within a customer-oriented environment. We have excellent programs to support your development after a long and successful career.
About the role
The successful candidate provides an excellent first point of contact with clients, telephonically, face-to-face or electronically, within one of Transport’s flagship contracts. They will assist the public with travel bookings and advice, and deliver a exceptional customer service experience, while at the same time encouraging booking inquiries.
- Handles all aspects of customer inquiries and bookings related to our passenger, freight and livestock services and sponsorship program
- Maximize the conversion of queries to discussions
- Accurate data entered by the NorthLink booking system
- Collection, import and maintenance of customer and supplier data, while complying with the AVG and the Data Protection Act
- Payments are mainly handled with a credit / debit card
- Administrative duties in support of the booking functions, e.g. Preparation, communication and storage of correspondence with clients
- Embrace and adhere to the company’s serco policy on health, safety and the environment
- Any other duties required by the manager or company
- Educated to Scottish higher grade standard or equivalent
- Some proven customer service experience
- The work requires an understanding of the systems and procedures in customer service
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to provide first-class customer service
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Knowledge of NorthLink Ferries and related services as well as background information on the Northern Islands
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, confident, determined and hardworking and who is happy to constantly learn and develop new skills with an interest in business administration. You will be proactive, inventive and efficient with a can attitude and committed to Serco’s values of trust, care, innovation and pride.
Meaningful and essential work: The nature of our business means that you will perform interesting work – provide essential services that affect people’s lives
A world of opportunities: Our diverse operations in the UK offer unparalleled opportunities for learning and development. You will be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Fantastic people: we are a motivated team that will encourage you and help you achieve success. You have the necessary resources to perform your work in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- There are a number of benefits to working at the NorthLink Ferries, including a salary of £ 10,020 per annum, sensible benefits that can save you money – 6% employer – customized pension scheme, life insurance, wellness support, marriage leave, Christmas savings plan, etc.
- You receive practical training, development and progress within a customer-oriented environment. We have excellent programs to support your development after a long and successful career.
- You get the opportunity to work for a respected brand where people’s development is at the core of our culture.
- You get the chance to work with and around friendly people – we have a wonderful culture with a high level of employee satisfaction
- The chance to gain recognition with our corporate value awards
- It’s an opportunity to contribute to charity – we help and support our communities
- Serco discounts, including discounts on cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping, cycling to work schedule and discounts on cell phone plans and membership of recreation centers.
Things to consider
It is essential that you can travel to Scrabster daily to get to work on time.[SubjecttoCovid-19physicaldistancearrangements]. You must undergo security tests, which include a check of criminal records.
Location: Scrabster, Highland
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:30:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!