Job title: Analyst/Administrative Assistant
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Job title: analyst / administrative assistant
Workplace: Richmond Hospital
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, statutory holidays
Reference #: 151447-skh
Come work as an analyst / administrative assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an analyst / administrative assistant to join the Regional Home Health team. Apply today to join our team!
As an analyst / administrative assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provides analytical support to the Regional Home Health team for purposes such as data analysis, statistical reporting, benchmarking activities, developing and generating queries, compiling and compiling reports and technical documents using various software and tools.
- Provide confidential administrative and secretarial assistance and research support to the executive director, local home health and the local home health team.
- Maintain the executive calendars of the executive director and management team, coordinate meetings, process and prioritize information, screen, test and respond to requests and queries, including confidential and sensitive information.
- Work independently and liaise with other executive directors, managers and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively with other VCH departments, such as the decision support team, and liaise with external agencies on behalf of the department to coordinate the flow of information so that the executive director stays abreast of relevant issues and activities.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER Coastal Health?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching and serves more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace with bold thinking, smart risks and ‘go first’ if we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to create a healthy life with us in healthy communities by showing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork, which makes VCH an excellent workplace.
- Comprehensive package of health benefits, including MSP, comprehensive health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Develop your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Welfare support, including counseling, critical incidents and innovative welfare services, is available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs in honor of staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and offers for VCH staff
Education and experience
- Diploma in a related program plus three to four (3-4) years recent, related experience in a complex healthcare environment with gradually more responsible secretarial and administrative positions supporting senior management, experience in information analysis and benchmarking, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet, database, graphics and word processing programs are required, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
Knowledge and abilities
- Use expertise in using desktop applications to create a variety of documents, reports and presentations and maintain databases.
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge to resolve administrative issues / problems efficiently and independently.
- Effectively utilize both oral and written communication skills in providing advice or information or seeking / obtaining information.
- Optimize departmental efficiency and contribute to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and execute assignments and activities.
- Practice diligence and care in maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
Please note that a CV is required to apply for this post.
Working hours may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, fairness and inclusion are essential for providing exceptional care and building a wonderful workplace. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (current as well as prospective) are given the opportunity and supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are looking for candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities who have been disadvantaged under the BC Human Rights Code, including indigenous peoples, colored people, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized by Glassdoor and Forbes as the best workplace in Canada in 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this posting.
*** Employees of VCH must apply via the internal application process. Consult the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings-webwerf for instructions on how to apply. Current VCH employees applying for this position through this external website will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority does not apply. ***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:45:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!