Job title: Senior Administrative Assistant, Strategic Planning & Program Management (Permanent)
Company: Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Job description: Type of position / hours:
This is a permanent full-time position working seventy (70) hours per week within the Strategic Planning and Program Management division. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the local municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban center.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing coordination and support to their department, including all administrative activities that are essential for maintaining the day-to-day departmental initiatives as implemented by their director. This position will be required to mentor other administrative staff, participate in team projects and other duties as required. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
General administration: implements, creates and maintains all documents, invoices, files, expenses, notices, spreadsheets, statistical reports, presentations and other related documentation. Manage the calendar of assigned staff. Ensure that internal and external queries are handled or redirected properly.
Information Delivery Support: Develop, investigate, compile, track and collect information for budgets, systems, procedures, registrations, claims and reports for internal distribution. Maintain departmental intranet and information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date.
Divisional support: Leads, mentors and guides corporate staff across departmental and organizational processes. Coordinate, assign and delegate staff on behalf of the director. Liaise with external organizations and government agencies. Ensure that inquiries are properly handled or redirected on behalf of the director. Coordinates that meet requirements. Perform other duties as required.
- Diploma in business or office administration is required.
- Five (5) years related senior administrative experience.
- Experience in a public sector environment with union and non-union members is considered an asset.
- Previous municipal experience is an asset.
- An equal combination of training and experience can be considered.
- A valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s license is required, as the incumbent may be required to use a personal or municipal vehicle for business travel purposes.
You will have the following:
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and independence.
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective decision-making skills with flexibility to manage a wide range of complex activities.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels, while maintaining excellent customer service levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Organize workload, set priorities and work within strict deadlines.
- The ability to analyze information from different sources to identify problems and issues.
- Must be able to perform in a fast project environment.
- A self-starter who takes initiative without being asked.
In addition to the payment rate, we offer:
– a comprehensive plan for benefits for employers
– an additional annual payment of $ 12,480, which represents a cost of living
3 October 2021 at 23:59
Internal and external (Posted: 18 September 2021)
To apply: Visit our website at
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only the individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 22:26:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!