Job title: Program Director, Teaching and Learning
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: Organization Name College of Medicine and Health Sciences
About the University
Khalifa University is a world-class research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The mission of the university is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst for the 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU main campus and the Sas Al Nakhl campus, the latter housing two of the KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs, the Program Director, Teaching and Learning at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in providing administrative leadership and policy development and implementation for the medical faculty, with the focuses on improving the teaching and learning skills of the faculty
- Collaborate with the dean, co-deans and faculties to plan, develop, implement, evaluate and improve courses, programs and services that support the college’s missions related to the professional development of faculty educators
- Ensure that the activities of the office are in accordance with the accreditation guidelines
- Participate in entry-level processes to prepare faculties for their role as teachers
- Oversees all programs and services offered by the Office of Teaching and Learning
- Design, implement and evaluate programs that promote and support faculty teaching and learning excellence
- Develop, acquire and provide resources, ideas and best practices for teaching methods
- Participate in assessment of education programs
- Provide teaching consultations
- Participate in student feedback sessions to evaluate the effectiveness of faculty teaching
- Provide teaching design support to course directors and string leaders
- Coordinate functions with the educational learning laboratory
- Collaborate with the dean, fellow deans and the Khalifa University Research Support Office to promote and support research activities
- Provide information or prepare reports if necessary.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the assistant dean
- In addition, the policies and procedures of the University’s information security and confidentiality, and report violations or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the execution of tasks and responsibilities, as and when required.
- Perform another task assigned by the line manager
- MD and / or PhD in a relevant subject area
- Eligible for faculty appointment in the rank of assistant professor or higher
- Previous leadership role in the education of faculties
- Previous leadership in an office of teaching and learning
- Proven achievements in teaching, research, delivery of health care and / or service at a level corresponding to assistant professor or higher.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research and or administration.
- Proven management experience, necessary expertise in collaboration with faculty members and professionals in medicine, strong interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of the university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management skills sufficient to effectively guide and develop staff and students.
- Five (5) or more years experience in medical education
- Familiarity or experience with an educational institution in the Middle East.
How to apply
A complete application contains curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
If you need further assistance or if you have problems with the online application, please contact the recruitment team ().
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 07:10:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!