Job title: Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Anatomy and Cellular Biology
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
About the University
Khalifa University is a world-class research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The mission of the university is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst for the 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU main campus and the Sas Al Nakhl campus, the latter housing two of the KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The desire of the successful applicant to train a new generation of medical specialist is essential to this role, and contributes to world – class research that improves practice while providing service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
- Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or postgraduate teaching; and
- Research, scientific or other creative activities; and
- Academic service
The position requires a specialist in the fields of anatomy and cellular biology to develop coursework in their respective disciplines. Specific duties of the successful applicant will include the following:
- Prepare teaching materials, including course layout, syllabus and syllabi. Review the topic regularly as appropriate to the topic.
- Postgraduate and undergraduate teaching in subject areas related to biomedical sciences on time schedules assigned by the line manager.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed curriculum, teaching methods and evaluation in their courses.
- Participate in the selection of textbooks and other aids needed for teaching courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and offer remedial classes if necessary.
- Compile and mark examinations, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework and any other relevant activities.
- Use the latest teaching technology and make sure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- Participate in professional peer reviews.
- Supervises teaching internships.
- Develop and improve their professional skills and efficiency as teachers within their area of expertise.
- Undergraduate teaching as required.
Research, scientific and creative activities:
- Conduct research and deliver publications or other research outputs in line with personal goals agreed upon in the review process.
- Practice scientific or creative activities in their field of expertise and make results available for critical peer review.
- Delivers papers at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Identify and successfully present for external funding and grants.
- Increase the profile of the college and faculty actively, internally and externally.
- Participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Collaborate with colleagues, inside and outside the University, in the execution and management of research and consulting activities.
- Supervises students’ research and practical work and the preparation of their dissertations, as well as participates in the evaluation of their dissertations.
- Contribute to departmental or university-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Promote service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Supports and participates in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the University’s information security and confidentiality, and report violations or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the execution of tasks and responsibilities, as and when required.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to the line manager.
- Degree in medicine (MD or MBBS) and / or a postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) in an area relevant to the appointment
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and mentoring in the discipline at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Proven ability to participate in independent research, with an established record of scientific publication.
- Proven success in the supervision of research students.
- Demonstrated abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegiate team, well-developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
- At least 6 years experience and teaching experience at a level that is irrelevant to the position and would have contributed to research and / or study and / or teaching
- Can demonstrate some administrative skills of a team
How to apply
A complete application contains curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
If you need further assistance or if you have problems with the online application, please contact the recruitment team ().
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:52:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!