Job title: Pharmacy Assistant
Job description: Position summary … The pharmacist’s assistant assists the pharmacist with the technical aspects of completing prescriptions and administrative duties to increase the pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. The pharmacy assistant is expected to participate in all aspects of the pharmacy operations required of a team player. They are an important member in delivering excellent customer service.
What you will do …
Prescriptions received from patients, following provincial legal / regulatory conditions and the assessment of the prescription for completeness, namely name; Address; DOB; Allergies; Third Party Information; Any special requests; Prescriber; Generics / Trademark; Prioritize prescriptions with 21st century guidelines.
2. Perform computer functions as prescribed by the pharmacist, ie data input; Price check; Enrollment / updating of patient information; Proficient interpretation and processing of written prescriptions, including Latin abbreviations, recognition of medicines, dose calculations; Refills; Report generation; Check patient profile.
Fill in prescriptions (always under the supervision of the pharmacist), select suitable products, carry out the accuracy program, including 7-point, visual and DIN check, select and count / measure and prepare suitable products, label and organize for pharmacist examination , obtain the necessary approvals for oral refills where authorized, use ‘STOP’ forms if applicable and facilitate all aspects of cognitive services.
4. Maintain inventory control, assist pharmacist in maintaining the appropriate stock levels of medicines and supplies, locate and withdraw expired medicines at least monthly, regularly clean up ‘old’ prescriptions of Will Bin, returns write up, order medicine and supplies, as much as possible the preferred wholesaler for the purchase of pharmacies, ie Kohl and Frisch, service of the Telxon rifle, billing, pricing and removal of pharmacies, ordering the pharmacy shelves, ‘X ‘ing’ bottles when opened and interchangeable medicine knowledge and appropriate maintenance / selection of important brands / favorite generics.
5. General housekeeping, stocking Filling supplies (bottles, labels, bags), keeping the pharmacy clean, organized and tidy, maintaining a clean / safe work environment as part of the team approach (ie dishes, rubbish) and maintaining and cleaning packaging and prescription equipment , computer, fax machine, etc.
6. Practical organization, the submission of prescriptions, invoices, reports, correspondence and memoranda and the completion of all administrative support functions assigned (ie journals, debtors, age balance).
7. Assist with OTC operations and order, inventory, cashier duties as assigned by OTC manager and / or pharmacist.
Minimum qualifications …
The required minimum qualifications for this position are set out below. If none of them are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Age – 16 or older
Preferred qualifications …
The optional preferred qualifications for this position are set out below. If none of them are listed, there are no preference qualifications.
Walmart will meet the needs associated with disabilities of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary location … 6800 48TH AVE, CAMROSE, AB T4V 4T1, Canada
Location: Camrose, AB
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 03:10:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!