Job title: Assistant Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education – Undergraduate Academic Development
Company: Nyu Abu Dhabi
Job description: Job description
Job Title Admin
UAE citizens are encouraged to apply
New York University in Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) wants to appoint an assistant vice provost, undergraduate education, who reports to the vice rector for undergraduate academic development.
Collaborates with the Vice President for Undergraduate Education and with senior administrators in the Provost Office, Department Dean, Program Heads and Faculty on the coordination, development and implementation of the NYUAD Core Curriculum, Academics Success Center, the Writing Center and Program, the Hillary Balloon Center for excellence in teaching and learning, undergraduate research, undergraduate curricular policies and undergraduate academic misconduct.
Work closely with Vice-Provost and Vice-Chancellor Global Education and Outreach, as well as the Academic Enrichment Program and the Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Scholars Program and Summer Academy.
UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC POLICY:
- Work with VPUE to set the agenda of the undergraduate education workflow and the respective steering committee meetings, and work with deans and program heads on the implementation of the workflow and committee decisions. Support the VPUE in overseeing programs and initiatives in support of academic success and outstanding
learning experiences for all NYUAD undergraduate students and develop, review and
implementation of undergraduate academic policies and frameworks for academic integrity
CURRICULAR DIVERSITY AND INNOVATIVE PEDAGOGY INITIATIVES:
- In collaboration with the Office of Inclusion and Equity, the Hilary Balloon Center for Teaching and Learning (HBC), deans, program heads and faculties provide resources to create the importance of the faculty to create more equitable and inclusive learning environments, including curriculum reviews , to support. curricula and pedagogical methods to ensure a rich variety of perspectives, as well as interdisciplinary / divisional options, in our educational offer. Develops curricular initiatives for NYUAD and works closely with the writing program, HBC, library and educational technology, as well as VP for faculty advancement and involvement to ensure that pedagogical, academic technology and faculty development opportunities are offered in support of the academic strategy on a regular basis
- Supervises the Office of Undergraduate Research in consultation with the VPUE and works closely with the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Research to provide rich research opportunities for the undergraduate student body of NYUAD in support of the academic strategy
- Coordinate the efforts of the Academic Success Center and the Writing Center in consultation with the VPUE and work closely with the Director of Academic Advising and the Director of the Writing Center to ensure that the academic strategy is consistent with and assessment mechanisms
- Coordinates with the VP of undergraduate education (and the director of the core curriculum (future faculty appointment)) and the division deans the strategic and administrative planning and future development of the core curriculum of NYUAD
- Collaborates with NYUAD Office of Global Education and the Vice President and Co-Vice-Chancellor of Global Education and outreach to help develop NYUAD contributions to the Global Websites curriculum; work to ensure interoperability of course offerings in the network; supports global advisory strategies and enrollment management models in collaboration with senior members of Office of Global Programs
Master’s degree, or equivalent
- 5 or more years of administration for higher education, program development including at least 3 years at managerial or director level or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, networking, leadership, project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
The ability to promote collegiality and build consensus
Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required along with strong analytical skills
The individual must be technologically proficient in the academic field
He has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to develop, implement and communicate policies and procedures to a diverse population
- Must be well versed in project management and administrative skills to oversee and oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and institutional standards
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 01:19:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!