Job title: Program Director, Student Academic Support Services
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The mission of the university is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst for the 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU main campus and the Sas Al Nakhl campus, the latter housing two of the KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The program director, student academic support services, reports to the assistant dean for medical education at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), and supports the Dean in designing, implementing and evaluating programs and services that enhance academic success. medical students supported.
- Contribute to the formulation of the CMHS’s strategy, focusing on achieving the strategic objectives of KU and CMHS in the field of medical education and academic success of medical students.
- Contribute to the development of the CMHS’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall objectives of Khalifa University, ensure the adaptation of appropriate regulations and standards and the promotion of leading practices and educational excellence
- Contribute to the development and management of the office budget
- Management and mentor staff within the office.
- Design, implement and evaluate programs in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Medical Education to increase the academic success of medical students.
- Supports CMHS accreditation processes and its continuous quality improvement program
- Oversees, manages and evaluates academic support services for medical students offered by the Office of Academic Affairs
- Participate in the early identification, assessment and referral to support services of medical students with academic problems
- Supervise the CMHS learning specialist and assess the outcomes of services provided by the specialist to ensure quality
- Supervise the CMHS tutorial program, including training of tutors, if necessary, and assessment of outcomes to ensure quality
- Coordinates functions of the tutor program and the learning specialist with course and administrative directors over all four academic periods
- Participate in annual student orientations to inform students about available services
- Compile an annual report to the CMHS Curriculum Committee describing the intended and actual program outcomes
- Participate in the development of strategic plans for academic success in all CMHS programs (eg MD program, Pre-Medical Bridge program)
- Explore and develop strategies to improve students’ learning styles
- Serves as a member of the CMHS Curriculum Committee ex-officio, without voting rights
- Meet students and design study plans to support students’ academic success
- Develop and implement programs to support teaching and learning strategies for a diverse student population
- Develop a study program for students who are on academic probation or repeat an academic year in collaboration with the CMHS Medical Student Promotion Committee
- Advise teachers, learners and relevant committees on general issues that medical students experience and that may influence academic success, including but not limited to study skills, testing strategies, adaptation to medical school, and organizational and time management skills.
- Collaborate with and ensure appropriate referrals to various support services within the KU and the CMHS, including the Office of Student Affairs, the Student Counseling and Wellness Center, services for the disabled and career guidance
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with the dean, fellow deans and the Khalifa University Research Support Office to promote and support research activities
Administrative and people management * Manage faculty and staff (direct reports) by defining job expectations
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of faculties and staff
- Coaches, advises and actively participates in the on-board, mentoring and professional development of the departmental employees
- Assist with scheduling and allocating staff workload for instant reports
- Provide in
- Ensure that the University’s policies and procedures for information security are adhered to, and that violations or other security risks are reported accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the execution of tasks and responsibilities, as and when necessary.
- Perform any other task assigned to the Dean and his line managers.
- Provides coaching, guidance and mentorship as needed to improve the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of set goals and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses according to predetermined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness and monitor their results.
- Perform subordinate performance appraisals according to planned schedules and recommend the necessary actions according to applied practices.
- He holds periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that the priorities are clear and the workflow runs smoothly.
- Follow-up on administrative matters of employees, such as holidays, leave and other administrative and related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MD and / or PhD in related disciplines
- Eligible for faculty appointment in the rank of assistant professor or higher
- Previous leadership role in an undergraduate medical education program
- Proven achievements in teaching, research, delivery of health care and / or service at a level corresponding to assistant professor or higher.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in medical education and administration.
- Previous experience overseeing support services in a medical degree program
- Proven management experience, necessary expertise in collaboration with faculty members and medical specialists, strong interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of the university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management skills sufficient to effectively guide and develop staff and students.
- Five (5) or more years of experience supervising the advising of programs for medical students
- Familiarity or experience with an educational institution in the Middle East.
How to apply
A complete application contains curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
If you need further assistance or if you have problems with the online application, please contact the recruitment team ().
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 06:28:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!