Job title: Program Assistant
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Application ID: 281341
Position number: 20041446
Placement end date: 24 September 2021
Terrain: St. Boniface Hospital
Workplace: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Personnel Scheduling – SBH
Union: Released OT
Expected start date: ASAP
Expected Shift: days; evenings
Daily hours worked: 7.50
Annual base hours: 1950
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Area! Our team provides a range of healthcare services through an integrated network of websites, services and organizations. We are united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable healthcare.
Under general guidance and while making a commitment to the mission, values and management philosophy of the St. human resources.
- Three (3) years experience in staff scheduling, vacation planning, maintenance of basic clinical staff, time and attendance, reporting and corrections of payroll, compliance with master rotation, termination of processing, transfers and new appointments.
Education (Degree / Diploma / Certificate)
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized Business Administration certificate / diploma program. A major in administration or office management is preferred.
Note: An equivalent combination of training and experience, as recognized by the hospital, may be considered instead of the above.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, with advanced skills in Excel)
- Must have the ability to compile spreadsheets and databases as needed.
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of master rotations.
- Coordination and administration of holiday planning with managers.
- Knowledge of SAP and ESP definitive asset.
- Strong understanding of MNU and CUPE collective agreements and the maintenance of rotations and basic staff that comply with the collective agreement.
- Keyboard speed: 55 wpm
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the initiative to follow things up independently.
- Ability to store confidential information.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with accuracy / attention to detail.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Mature, professional way.
This position requires a current satisfactory criminal record check (including vulnerable sector search), child abuse register and adult adult register control as conditions of service. The successful candidate is responsible for any service fees. A security test is considered topical if it has not been obtained more than six (6) months before the start of the service.
Note that an employee cannot hold two or more positions in the WRHA juristic person that is equivalent to more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Center, Deer Lodge Center, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs and WRHA community health services.
Interviews with candidates may be requested to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 22:30:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!