Job title: Optical Consultant – Foundation
Job description: Job description
An important role to play in providing our clients and patients with the best experience at Boots Opticians throughout the journey. You do not need optical experience to join us as a retail assistant, but ideally you would have worked in a retail or client environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that puts the customer at the center of everything we do.
Full training will be provided on all aspects of the role and the most important responsibilities include:
- Build a good relationship with customers by listening to their needs.
- To help our customers find the perfect products that suit their lifestyle and needs.
- Order and drop off glasses and contact lenses.
- After-sales support sold through adjustments.
- Work together as part of a team.
- Administrative tasks related to the store in which full training will be provided.
You love working with people and enjoy working in a team.
You can build a good relationship with customers and welcome them into our store with a big smile. You will strive to provide the best possible customer experience. If you are currently a customer advisor, sales assistant or have a passion for providing great service, we’d love to hear from you.
You are very welcome to listen and can articulate our offers and promotions and help our clients find their perfect eyewear needs
You have a positive attitude and are passionate and enthusiastic about delivering fantastic customer service
You have an appetite to learn, and will enjoy learning about new products and brands, as well as the technical and regulatory aspects.
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus holidays with the opportunity to buy more
- Additional flexible benefits allow you to create a package that best suits your individual needs, including gift certificates, discounts on gym memberships, discounts on cinemas and restaurants, and more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop with career opportunities at Boots Opticians, including franchise, retail and pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We are about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers real career advancement, thanks to the large variety of stores and roles – and expect it to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our career page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you decide to apply, our application will be reviewed by your team and we will contact you as soon as possible. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the rental manager.
If you have been successful in an interview, please note that all contract documentation refers to this role as Optical Consultant Foundation.
Our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible work patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a sustainable work-life balance, so talk to us about the flexibility you would seek in this role. This role is subject to a DBS / PVG check; Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Hours per week
16 to 24 hours a week, 25 to 34 a week, more than 35 hours a week
Office use only
Full-time or part-time
Full time, Part time
Type of contract
Office use only
customer, retail, optometrist, optometry, apprentice, student, sales assistant, sales consultant, customer advisor, optical support
Office use only
Boots Opticians Operations
Day – weekdays, weekends and evenings
Location: Harlow, Essex
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 04:57:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!