Job title: Homelessness Support Assistant
Job description: ** Support Assistant – Homelessness **
Riverside has a new opportunity for a full-time support assistant.
You earn £ 18,525 a year. Your work pattern will vary, with a series of early and late shifts and every second weekend.
Who you are going to help
We provide housing and support to homeless people with complex needs, including addiction, a history of offense, and mental or physical health issues. The Wilson Carlile House offers supportive accommodation in the Manchester area.
What are you going to do?
You are part of a team committed to providing excellent customer-focused support in a supported home environment, and will assist with the planning and delivery of a range of personalized support to customers. You will assist with the daily delivery of the service, with a variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities for customer service.
Day to day
Your usual responsibilities as a Wilson Carlile House Support Assistant will include the following:
- Act as an initial point of contact on the phone, or in a reception area, as required, with a variety of queries.
- Assist clients with daily support requirements and rental issues.
- Resolve difficult and challenging situations in a sensitive and informed manner, balancing the needs of the individual with responsibilities for the safety of the service.
- Assist in the delivery of an effective housing management service, including work on lease agreements and the collection of rent and service charges.
- Clean the rooms and prepare, as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates financial administration systems, including rental accounts, invoices, petty cash and banking services.
- Assist in the collection and submission of information returns, including funding, health and safety and performance.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, check out the job description below.
Does it describe you?
You maintain an optimistic, flexible and non-judgmental approach to supporting individuals. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with individuals from different backgrounds.
You understand the obstacles our client groups and individuals with complex needs face. You are comfortable using Microsoft Office and are ready to learn how to use additional IT systems for your business. You can work independently and use your own initiative.
Click on the job description below to see a complete list of our most important requirements.
What do you have in it?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
- Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Eye tests, glasses and lenses
- Riverside Rewards scheme and program, which provides valuable access to discount benefits, including street and online savings
We are one of the largest leading social housing and recovery organizations in the UK. We are a group of non-profit and commercial enterprises with a charitable housing core. We work in more than 150 local authorities in England and Scotland and house more than 90,000 people, and we are committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We strive to change lives and revive neighborhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and your voice to be truly heard. Because we are a company that focuses on people, we treat our customers with the same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business, and we see excellent value for those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on achievement and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside you can reach.
If you are considering joining us as a project assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all parts of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighborhoods in which we work.
Note: Riverside is taking measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. While we continue to recruit for this position and other roles in the organization, we will conduct virtual interviews.
Expected salary: £18525 per year
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:10:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!