Job title: Human Resources Office Coordinator
Job description: At the Department of Public Health and Human Services, our mission is to improve and protect the health, well-being and independence of all Montanans. The department has four overriding goals:
All Montana children are healthy, safe and in permanent, loving homes.
All Montanes have the tools and support to be as self-sufficient as possible.
All Montanaians are injury free, healthy and have access to quality health care.
All Montanane can contribute to the above through community service.
This position is responsible for providing general HR support and guidance to programs throughout the agency regarding recruitment and selection; job descriptions, unemployment insurance, job management, remuneration, training assignments, FMLA, employee remuneration, employee and labor relations, training, EEO and civil rights, classification / career loaders, performance management / affirmative action, ADA and other work related policies.
This position also serves as the Office Manager for the Office of Human Resources (OHR) and the Chief Executive Officer overseeing the day-to-day activities of the HR Assistant. The incumbent is responsible for providing guidance and guidelines regarding the overall front office activities, which include the detection and administration of Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and the DPHHS background check process, invoicing and delivery orders, and answering inquiries from the agency staff and candidates.
Below are more detailed work duties:
- Control FMLA, including process, correspondence, detection, determination of medical suitability, approval and documentation.
- Provides operational HR expertise and solutions using a comprehensive understanding of a variety of HR functional areas.
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection process and procedure and best practices. Write job vacancies and help determine the appropriate salary levels.
- Advise managers and employees on all OHR processes, procedures and policies.
- Interprets collective bargaining agreements and interacts with employees and Assistant HR Director on contract issues.
- Research, interpret and advise managers on best practices regarding work laws, policies and procedures.
- Write job descriptions and classify positions within established guidelines.
- Create and maintain trainings for supervisors and employees.
- Assist HR partners with any overflow of work in support programs.
- Oversees and supports all administrative duties for the Office of Human Resources.
- Prepare suitable new rental papers and effectively and efficiently on board and on board the OHR staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with research, design and implementation of new processes / procedures.
- Make recommendations to management regarding office policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation setting out OHR processes / procedures.
- Guide and guide the HR assistant in the FMLA and background check processes and procedures.
- Provides guidance and guidance to HR assistant related to daily tasks and projects.
- Provide guidance in dealing with difficult or complicated problems or in resolving heightened complaints or disputes.
- Mentors, coaches and support staff development for the HR assistant.
- Review the work done by the HR Assistant and provide feedback to the HR Assistant Director.
Physical and environmental requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that an employee must meet in order to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Travel is 10%.
- This post is required to work in the office from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00.
Required for the first working day:
- Knowledge of labor laws, human resources principles and practices, and a wide range of human resource services.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication, including customer service.
- Proficiency in prioritization, deadlines, multi-tasking and flexibility.
- The ability to understand the different management roles within the agency’s hierarchical structure and to change the approach accordingly.
- The ability to remain neutral under conflicting circumstances.
- The ability to influence adherence to best practice while providing advice and excellent customer service.
- The ability to identify problems and recommend process improvements.
- The ability to analyze patterns and identify problems.
- The ability to show discretion, to be persuasive and to evoke good will.
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships and act professionally under stressful circumstances.
- The ability to lead and train others.
- The ability to work in a team with divisions and HR partners.
- The ability to work with complex service-related software programs.
- Initiative to work in a self-directed and proactive way.
- Solution-driven and the ability to solve problems.
- The ability to observe extensive details, understand, interpret, summarize and compile information
- Skills in the investigation and interpretation of technical, legal and / or ambiguous information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure the quality of the work.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competitive priorities and can handle frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
Minimum qualifications (training and experience):
- Associate degree in business or public administration, human resources, journalism, English, psychology, marketing or related.
- Three years of work related work experience related to office management with a focus on human resources.
- Other combinations of related training and experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- HR experience in classification, remuneration, recruitment and selection, performance management, interpretation of employment policy and law, labor relations or related.
- State of Montana Classification Certification
For a more detailed job description, send an email.
To be eligible for this position, you must submit the following materials online through the State of Montana Careers website:
Cover letter indicating what interests you in this position, as well as what makes you the best candidate for this position.
3 Professional references
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:40:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!