Job title: Faculty Advisor, Falcon Learning Communities
Company: Khalifa University
Job description: ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The mission of the university is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst for the 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU main campus and the Sas Al Nakhl campus, the latter housing two of the KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The faculty advisor reports to the assistant dean of Falcon Learning Communities (FLC) and contributes to the administrative leadership, policy development and implementation of programs and services that support medical education and student success through a model of learning communities.
Leadership for the development and maintenance of CMHS educational programs:
- Supports CMHS accreditation processes and its continuous quality improvement program
- CMHS education programs supported by participating in the design and implementation of programs and services offered by the Falcon Learning Communities; work with others to foster a climate of academic excellence, collaboration and interdisciplinary initiatives
- Ensure that medical student programs and services comply with United Arab Emirates laws, regulations and policies
Falcon Learning Communities
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of FLC programs and services, including but not limited to professional and career development, health and wellness, leadership development, service learning, clinical skills and academic success
- Provides supervision and support to the assistant dean, faculty and medical student leaders within the FLCs
- Guide the evaluation of FLCs to ensure that they meet the objectives of the program
- Oversees the scheduling and allocation of FLC faculties and students for activities and events
- Collaborate with the assistant dean and students to promote and support educational research activities within the FLCs
- Supervise other activities and events as prescribed by the assistant dean
- Participate in the design and implementation of CMHS activities and events, including but not limited to first-year orientation, white coat ceremony and commencement
- Develop and integrate effective communication strategies to promote faculty, staff and student involvement in the FLCs
- Collaborate with CMHS Leadership and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Supports and mentors office faculty, staff and students participating in research
Administrative and people management
- Manage FLC coordinators (direct reports) by defining job expectations; plan, monitor and evaluate staff performance; coaches, counseling and actively participate in the on-board, mentoring and professional development of the departmental employees
- Assist with scheduling and allocating FLC staff workload
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or higher in a science, education or healthcare related discipline
- MD or PhD in a science, education or healthcare related discipline
- Record that reflects excellence in education, clinical practice, research and / or administration
- Three years previous experience in a medical school or a healthcare environment
- Familiarity with a learning community model
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring and presentation skills
- Experience working with an educational institution in the Middle East
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application contains curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
If you need further assistance or if you have problems with the online application, please contact the recruitment team ().
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 06:24:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!