Job title: Claims Assistant
Job description: Summary of the work:
To ensure the timely and accurate administration and processing of claims to achieve the Beazley vision to provide the best-performing specialist insurer. This will be done by proactively assisting claims managers with claims management, to achieve high levels of satisfaction for the insured and broker through high quality claims management, settlement and excellent customer service.
Provide organizational and administrative support to claims managers, specifically:
- Assist the claims managers by compiling documents to help them evaluate and report on specific claims.
- Produce and maintain spreadsheets, boundary lines and databases where necessary to improve the presentation, analysis and storage of data.
- Liaise with service providers, brokers and other stakeholders to support the effective management of claims.
- Assist with review of claims where necessary.
- Assist with the necessary auditing and review of internal and external claim files.
- Participate in projects between team and in-team, as needed.
- Provide input to underwriters during the review of the existing insured’s claim experience.
- Comply with the standards for timeliness of contact, follow-up and payments.
- Compile claims summaries and respond immediately to reinsurance inquiries.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Identify and / or respond to requests for support from the broader group.
- Promote Beazley’s brand of excellence and professionalism in customer service and build positive relationships with our brokers and insurers.
Authority and minimum standards of compliance
- Do not pretend to anyone internally or externally that you have the power to manage, reserve or settle claims, and refer requests for decisions on these matters to a claims manager with the necessary authority.
- Have thorough knowledge of the operating regulations and minimum standards to ensure compliance with the rules and standards and protocols of Beazley’s claims control.
- Keep in mind the policy of Beazley’s conflicts of interest, alert the appropriate person about possible conflicts of interest and take steps to resolve them immediately.
- Notify your claims leader or group leader of claims immediately if you notice an employee of Beazley wanting to exert an unnecessary influence on another team member to act improperly in the management, reservation or settlement of any claim.
At Beazley, we are committed to doing the right thing, because it’s the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions, internally and externally, you adhere to this principle by adopting Beazley’s core values and behaviors – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Utilize the Beazley culture of professionalism, integrity, efficiency and dynamism that contributes to an internal teamwork environment and promotes a positive brand and experience for our external clients.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations, including the code of conduct. Learn about Beazley policies and procedures as offered by your line manager, the talent management or insurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit), either directly via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Demonstrate business ethics that uphold the interests of all our clients.
- Make sure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including the right products for their needs.
- Meet the specific responsibilities required for your role, as set out by your line manager, talent management or insurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure that you keep abreast of developments in these areas. These may include Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Perform additional responsibilities as notified individually, either through your goals or through the learning management system. This may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and qualifications
- Minimum 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent
Skills and skills
- Analytical skills: Problem solving (broad, analytical, conceptual, creative), analysis of financial statements, financial assessment of claims, data analysis, decision making
- Work Management Skills: Time and Workload Management, Self-starter, Planning, Performance Orientation, Productivity Focus
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to Influence Others, Client and Brokerage Management Skills, Purposeful Communication, Flexibility, Active Listening
Knowledge and experience
- Functional knowledge and understanding: Claims management process, basic understanding of relevant focus group demands
Aptitude and disposition
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to communicate successfully with senior management / colleagues / external suppliers
- Influence others
- Analytical thinking
- Manage resources effectively
- Technical competence and expertise
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:17:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!