Job title: Assistant/ Associate Professor in Finance, with a focus on Financial Technologies, Fintech
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: Job description
From January 2022, a full-time faculty in the position of assistant / associate professor of finance in the Department of Accounting and Finance (United Arab Emirates University) is required. College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University. The Department of Accounting and Finance is respected for excellence in accounting and financial education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It strives to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance. The department is part of the oldest and largest university in the UAE and the only AACSB accounting accredited division in the GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and graduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge needed to navigate and provide leadership for the complex global business world; and help them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts explore a wide range of topics that provide insight into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society.
Important duties and responsibilities:
The designated candidate is expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in finance (with an emphasis on Fintech);
- Involve innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading financial journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and / or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at departmental, college and / or university level as assigned;
- Take an active part in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as instructed by the departmental chairperson.
The application package must contain a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed CV, teaching philosophy, courses offered, professional appointments / expertise in finance and a brief description of current / future research activities. English is the language of instruction and communication in the CBE. All inquiries about this position can be directed to Dr Mayada Youssef (), Chair of the Accounting and Finance Division.
A PhD degree in finance from an internationally recognized university (preferably with an emphasis on Fintech);
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development and outcomes assessment;
- Experience in teaching finance (especially Fintech) at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Demonstrate the ability to publish in leading financial journals;
- Mastery of computer skills, especially specialized Fintech software
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
- Very good interpersonal skills.
A PhD degree in finance (Fintech specialization and Islamic finance are preferred). In addition, preference is given to candidates with experience, strong research and publication potential / record in Fintech (or related fields), such as blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, e-payment, security and privacy issues in financial applications, computational and quantitative finance, and any area related to financial technology. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Expected skills / rank / experience
Special instructions to the applicant Submit your application online at
Division College of Bsns & Economics- (CBE)
Department of Accounting and Finance (CBE)
Work closes Open date open until filled
Post Category Academic – Faculty
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 23:30:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!