Job title: Ophthalmic Assistant
Job description: Who are we?
Newmedica is one of the leading providers of NHS-funded ophthalmic services in England.
- Our goal is to make a positive difference in people’s lives
- Our vision is to change lives through better vision and eye health
- Our promise is to use our expertise and compassion to make people feel special, at ease and cared for.
We provide services to NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts and other providers of NHS funded services. We deliver more than 125,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic tests, and eye surgery. Our services are provided by a variety of models, including Managed Services and OJV partnerships.
What can Newmedica Bristol offer you?
- Inclusion in a bonus scheme
- Annual salary assessments
- 25 days annual leave (33 days, including holidays pro-rata)
- Inclusion in the company’s pension scheme
- Comprehensive training program for all team members, including Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
An ophthalmic assistant plays an essential and key role in the smooth running of clinics and administrative support in a theater to maintain our special care.
- The postman will actively participate and assist with the effective and efficient delivery of an extensive imaging service.
- They are expected to provide this service in close liaison with nursing staff, clinical and optical staff while providing ophthalmic diagnostics.
- Contribute to the overall well-being of the organization by being a positive role model and treat all staff, patients, clinicians and service users with courtesy and respect.
The postmaster is expected to be able to perform many of the duties in the main division below.
- Fully computer-savvy – comfortable with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new patient record systems and use specialized imaging software.
- A high attention to detail
- Self-motivated to provide an excellent level of communication and individual care, leading to the constant high standards of patient care.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products and using computerized data import / export and review systems.
- Excellent customer service experiences
- Experience within a healthcare environment.
- The ability to build a working knowledge of eye physiology and treatment.
- Previous experience of human physiology, biological science or allied healthcare is a clear advantage.
For more information or a copy of the full job description, please contact
Expected salary: £18597 – 20155 per year
Location: Frome, Somerset
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:31:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!