Job title: Assistant Project Manager
Job description: TORONTO
WSP is currently looking for an assistant project manager to join our project management team at our office in Yonge Street. This position, which reports to the director, project management, is responsible for leading the existing planning for space occupation and data management, projects for small relocations (including individual, transfers and leaves) and is a representative of the client for Global Real Estate and Facilities management team.
A successful candidate has the ability to clearly communicate with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal clients, team members and supplier partners, and to lead a project team around a common set of goals. This role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service, teamwork and attention to detail to ensure customer satisfaction. Must be able to handle conflicts while maintaining professionalism and focus on the goals of the project.
This role reports directly to the workplace program manager. This role is in our accounts team dedicated to one of our larger clients in Seattle. All projects are within the client’s property portfolio in North America.
- Maintain database of project floor plans, space assignments, occupancy, vacancy and usage data for designated premises
- Regular audits of the existing space for changes to architecture, Q&A and signs
- Provides programmed plans and helps coordinate team space that is restored after floors were evacuated during a relocation
- Update monthly report for all sites, including last date of audit, square footage, staff members, desk count, number of safes, occupancy and vacancies
- Maintain strong customer contact and relationships on multiple levels and address space needs
- Supports start, move, and recovery teams by providing accurate space plans and mission data, as needed
- Start, track and complete weekly individual movement requests for employees
- Update seating assignments with new appointments, transfers, terminations and distribute to clients and strategic planning teams as requested
- Demonstrate the ability to guide salespeople and customers to move teams to new workspaces in existing or new office spaces
- Manage multiple projects and project team priorities simultaneously from start to finish
- Provides measurable and timely response to customer inquiries, job requests and concerns.
- Develop and lead a project team of key stakeholders, internal team members and supplier partners who meet the achievements of the project
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand project documents, including but not limited to; drawings, client work requests and documents and reports on space data management.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and summarize space occupation data in a clear, concise manner
- Perform on-site verification times before, during and after completion of the project
- Develop and maintain complete knowledge of supplier service and material capabilities. Full understanding of supplier processes and deliveries
- Supervise the project administrative processes and maintain accurate project documentation files in a timely manner
- Facilitate space occupation and project meetings (if necessary) and ensure that all meetings are accurately documented and distributed
- Track and manage project issues and solutions
- Will assist the business with excellent project delivery, customer service, process improvements and support
- Model professionalism and core values of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BEng / BArch) preferred
- At least 3-5 years related experience
- Previous space occupation or data management experience preferred
- Experience with computer-aided facility management systems (CAFM) is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio and other data management software
- Must be able to exchange accurate information at different levels, demonstrating the ability to build consensus for decision making
- Must be able to inspect design plans and documents for accuracy
- Maintain a polite and professional manager and work well in a team environment
- Roles require daily communication with direct manager and regional team, clients and account providers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Regular evening and weekend work required during the opening of the building, relocation and relocation of projects
- Must be able to move within and between client buildings more than 50% of the day
- Must have safe access to construction sites
- The successful candidate in this role must sometimes be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Sometimes it works in outdoor weather conditions.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 04:22:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!