Job title: Administrative Assistant I
Job description: Overview
We have an opportunity in a role that performs diverse administrative support that is reported to a manager in our engineering department. If you like different administrative tasks and work as part of a team, consider joining us for this permanent position at our head office in Richmond.
This position may be required to work on-site at the Richmond office.
What you will do
As an administrative assistant I will:
- Prepare various correspondence, including e-mails, memos, forms, reports, manuals or other materials
- Receive incoming phone calls, screen and refer to appropriate staff; provide, if applicable, general information to callers and answer routine queries
- Greet and send external and internal visitors
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and correspondence; respond to routine inquiries and correspondence within established guidelines
- Maintain a variety of paper and digital files and records
- Maintain office supplies and stationery
Is this a good fit for you?
We are looking for someone who can:
- Pay attention to detail and handle accurate activities accurately
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service
Your experience and educational background:
- Grade 12 completed
- Recent related experience with administrative support
- Use Microsoft Word Proficient
- Type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Excellent English language skills, with accurate grammar and spelling
You must submit your application at 16:30 on the closing date of the competition.
If you require accommodation during the assessment process, please send an e-mail when submitting your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we strive to promote safe and healthy workplaces in British Columbia. We work with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injuries, illnesses and disabilities. If work-related injuries and illnesses occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation and safe return to work. We also work hard to maintain our employees’ compensation system for today and future generations. We are honored to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We realize that our ability to make a difference depends on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities and experiences, and that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What is it like working at WorkSafeBC?
It is challenging, stimulating and extremely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. The work we do affects people every day and changes lives. What we do is important, and the people we do it for are also important.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, dedicated team. Along with a competitive salary, you have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of your job – and life. Learn more about.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to equitable employment. We invite applications from all qualified individuals, but only those considered will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you in advance for applying.
Location: Richmond, BC
Job date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 04:27:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!