Job title: Administration Officer
Company: Flat Fee Recruiter
Job description: Administrative Officer
Fixed-term contract for either full-time (37 hours) for six months, or part-time up to 10 months.
£ 23,080 to £ 25,481 per annum + State pension scheme + fantastic benefits
Exeter, EX3 0NW
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) is the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in England. Our vision is that we will work together to end preventable fire and rescue cases and create a safer world for you and your family. This is what we do to keep people safe and we have our fantastic reputation thanks to our highly skilled and motivated workforce with over 2,000 staff.
As an administrative officer, you play an important role in our communication and engagement team. They support the service with clear, timely communication and engagement with both internal and external audiences.
About the role:
You must use your own initiative, administrative experience and excellent organizational skills to establish processes that help the team effectively create, record and share information. In particular, you will help us review and update our image library, marketing materials catalog, and our shared files and templates.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a supportive environment where he can propose and implement ideas – especially methods to streamline processes and ensure consistency.
About the successful candidate for the administrative officer:
You will have:
- The ability to openly connect with people working at all levels in an organization in a professional way, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as good numerical skills.
- Proven work experience with MS Office software
- Good organizational, research and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work accurately and to deadlines, proactively with a degree of autonomy and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Proven work experience in an administrative or business support role, including developing new processes and effective records.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 and file management tools to organize tasks and records.
- Experience in project management (desirable, but not essential)
Benefits of working for DSFRS
- Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement.
- Flexible work.
- Excellent career, training and development opportunities.
- Health and wellness provision inc. health care plan (including eye care, use of on-site gym facilities, counseling and physiotherapy).
How to apply for the role of administrative officer:
If you have the skills and experience required for this administrative job, click on “apply” today and look in your inbox for a no mail with more information on how to complete your application directly with the fire department.
Please provide evidence to cover the following criteria, as it will provide the basis for the shortlist: * The ability to work openly with people who work at all levels in an organization and can do so in a professional manner, taking into account of confidentiality.
- Proven work experience with MS Office software and other packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively on one’s own initiative and as part of a team
Closing date 23:59 on 28 September 2021
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service recognizes and celebrates the great diversity of the local communities we serve and strives to reflect that in our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs who share our values to join our team.
Other suitable skills and experience include: Admin Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Communications Administrator, Marketing Coordinator, Data Entry Clerk, Admin Jobs Exeter, Document Controller.
Expected salary: £23080 per year
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:18:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!