Job title: SY 21-22] After School Program Assistant – Middle School – East Harlem
Job description: Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to more than 2,500 youth in East Harlem and the South Bronx annually through a network of six PreK-12, long-standing, extensive year-long DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our dedication to strict academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community involvement, and health and well-being, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We also dream big with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to 3,500 students in seven schools, increasing the impact of our organization and leveling the playing field for all children. Visit wearedream.org for more information.
The program assistant, who reports to the high school program manager, is responsible for supporting the day-to-day running of the program and communicating with families. A successful program assistant is a skilled administrator who has the desire to make a lasting impact in an inferior community. The program assistant must show a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and have considerable expertise in all areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate can commit to joining DREAM for the full school year.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the website to ensure that the youth participate in activities safely, on schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
- Communicate program news and information to program participants, parents and staff;
- Manage enrollment and recruitment strategies;
- Track offer orders and website budget;
- Use attendance detection tools and try to ensure that young people’s attendance goals are met;
- Enter daily attendance into the SalesForce data management system;
- Work regularly with the program manager to evaluate, resolve and improve programs after school and summer;
- Plan and lead daily team meetings before the program begins, focusing on professional development for staff and other relevant topics to ensure communication and expectations are clear;
- Additional administrative duties as required.
- At least 2 years previous operations and administrative experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college enrollment or degree, preferably;
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft applications and attendance detection software;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Proven record of success in project management;
- The ability to uphold, promote and model principles of youth development;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM list, including the importance of social emotional competence and advocacy for myself and others;
- The ability to read and write in Spanish and fluent in spoken Spanish is preferred.
Places and hours
- 1 September 2021 to 10 June 2022
- Hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 13-18 hours, Friday: 12-18 hours
- Program dates and times are subject to change.
LOCATION * East Harlem DREAM Charter School (East Harlem) – Second Avenue 1991
- From $ 18 per hour, based on experience
DREAM’S CONTENT POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable accommodation based on a qualifying disability or sincere religious belief is considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity and inclusion are a mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can make their full identity and experience work because representation matters – it enriches our team culture, enhances our innovation ability and strengthens our impact from inside to outside of the classroom. DREAM engages staff who represent and value the diversity of our majority of black and Hispanic students, while striving to ensure that our practices are fair, welcoming and productive. We strive to create a world where young people, especially young people, have permission to dream together, along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams come true.
Come dream with us.
All children can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is family.
Fun is a serious value.
Teamwork makes the DREAM work.
Fail. Keep going. Exceed.
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Harlem, Manhattan, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:41:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!