Job title: Senior Admin Assistant Academic Quality
Company: Heriot-Watt University
Job description: The Global Directorate and Academic Support Directorate supports our students and colleagues throughout the life cycle of students, from enrollment to graduation. The Directorate is responsible as the definitive record holder of all student information and program and course details, and leading services that help students to stay and stay at the University with professional help and advice, through a variety of welfare services.
The Senior Admin Assistant will be responsible for administrative support for important quality processes and important learning and teaching activities, such as: periodic review; Academic partnership approval; Annual monitoring and review; Approved approval by teachers, lecturers and markers; External examiners. The role holder also supports other key features of the Academic Quality Team, including student admissions. The role holder will be one of three Senior Admin Assistants in the Academic Quality Team and will be responsible for providing cover arrangements, for example during annual leave. This is a Grade 5 role, salary £ 22,847 to £ 26,341.
Some important duties and responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support for tasks related to quality assurance and approval of academic partnerships. This means that you take sole responsibility for some activities, such as the practical arrangements for periodic review and internal audit visits.
- Organizing and supporting the University’s annual program of academic reviews, academic-related professional service reviews and internal audits, on all campus of the university. It involves a leading role in the production, distribution and review of Academic Review student surveys.
- Responsibility for organizing and supporting internal and external audit and review processes, on all campuses of the University.
- Coordinating the University’s annual monitoring and review process, including the collection, distribution and review of process documentation.
- Support, advice and guidance with regard to the application of university policies and procedures, for example with regard to the chairs of boards of examiners, external examiners and approved teacher, tutor, demonstrator and marker approval process.
- Work with the quality improvement officer (learning experience for students) to manage internal and external university admissions.
- Collaborates with the Global Academic Quality Officer in areas related to academic partnerships, partner monitoring and professional body accreditation.
- Identify and progress process improvements in quality-related procedures.
How to apply
For application details and complete role information, go to:
Applications can be submitted until midnight (UK time) on 3 October 2021. The appointment is Grade 5 salary £ 22847 – £ 26341.
Heriot-Watt University values diversity in our university community and welcomes applications from all sectors of society, especially from under-represented groups. For more information, see our website https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/services/equality-diversity.htm and our award-winning work in Disability Inclusive Science Careers.
Expected salary: £22847 – 26341 per year
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:57:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!