Job title: Programmes and Administration Assistant
Company: University of Kent
Job description: Fixed term – 24 months
Date of interview: See ad
If you are proud of your attention to detail, your strong IT skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people with confidence, this full-time position in Digital and Lifelong Learning (DaLL) can be an excellent opportunity to join the Join university and develop your experience in a supportive environment.
You join a busy team, providing support for administrative services in the DaLL programs and provision, contributing to a positive student experience and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures. You will therefore need to keep abreast of changes, follow deadlines and respond flexibly to competitive priorities.
As a Program and Administration Assistant you will:
- provides a wide range of administrative support services in all programs, including student applications, inductions, module materials, VLE (such as Moodle), progress overviews, student support, requests for postponement and so on, examinations, examination boards and various committees
- takes on a number of general administrative duties to ensure that DaLL complies with the policies, processes and procedures of the University, Quality Assurance (QA), Ofsted, ESFA and Code of Practice
- update DaLL student databases, reporting and CRM (or similar) systems to ensure that the information is current and up to date and complies with the AVG
- serves as a point of contact for students, apprentices, prospective employers, external examiners, collaboration partners, staff and visitors to DaLL
To succeed in this role, you will:
- English and Mathematics GCSE grade 4 / C or higher, or equivalent
- expertise in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- the ability to produce documents to a high standard and to have a keen eye for detail
The University of Kent has been delivering higher-level apprenticeships since 2011 and is working with leading employers in the industry, including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and the Government Economics Service. The Department of Digital and Lifelong Learning in Kent was established to build on this experience to provide apprenticeships and academic programs tailored to learner and employer needs. It also plays an important role within the University and supports academic schools on all aspects of offering apprenticeship training, academic programs and the lifelong learning agenda.
The University of Kent is a distinctive and attractive workplace. We employ approximately 6,000 staff, including academic and research staff and a full range of support and administration staff. Our friendly and close-knit Medway campus at Chatham Maritime is a vibrant blend of modern and historic buildings. Most of our buildings are new or have been completely refurbished with excellent modern facilities and a unique learning environment. Our staff enjoy competitive salaries, an occupational pension scheme, generous holiday entitlements and a wonderful work environment.
Interviews will be held on October 6 or 8.
See the links below to see the full job description and to apply for this job. For more information on the application process, contact the quota number: CSF-321-21
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this matter.
Location: Chatham, Kent
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:02:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!