Job title: Management Assistant (2 posts), 2 High Street, Perth – PKC07759
Company: Perth and Kinross Council
Job description: Management Assistant (2 posts) (PKC07759)
£ 19,127 – £ 20,553
High Street 2, Perth
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a management assistant working within business services to provide a comprehensive, professional and high level of business support to the service manager (primary) and quality improvement officers in the school improvement team.
We are looking for a focused person with experience in an administrative role. Excellent diary management is essential to be effective in the role, as well as the ability to deliver a complete and extensive minute recording to a high standard. You must have excellent organizational and priority skills, as this is a busy and demanding role with often conflicting priorities.
Although this post is based in High Street 2, Perth, the team is currently working at home and on MS Teams.
Ideally, you have:
- The ability to plan and manage your own workload.
- The ability to coordinate and manage diaries for senior officials to plan school visits and internal / external meetings.
- The ability to evaluate the importance and urgency of information received and take appropriate steps.
- The ability to deal sensitively with highly confidential information.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to deal effectively with internal and external clients.
- Experience with extended minutes takes to a high standard.
- Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 packages
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a management assistant to work as part of the operational team in business services to support schools, parents and young people in Perth and Kinross. The post holder will be a highly organized individual who must work to strict deadlines to fulfill the statutory functions of the team. The diverse range of tasks includes the approval and processing of free school meals and applications for clothing grants and assistance with processing the placement of requests.
Ideally, you have:
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and manage your own workload.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of responsibility.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to deal effectively with internal and external clients in all areas of work; demonstrates good working relationships and the ability to respond to queries and requests for information that often requires detailed explanation.
- The ability to handle information confidentially.
- The ability to apply relevant guidelines / policies and procedures in connection with the administration of statutory functions.
- Excellent IT and digital skills are essential to operate relevant systems: SEEMiS, MyPKC Dashboard, EVOLVE, GIS and Integra.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365, especially Access and Excel
If you would like more information about this vacancy, please contact Gill Innes, team leader via email –
When completing your application for this position, you will need to provide contact details (including email addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and need reasonable adjustments, call 01738 475555 to book.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, the Perth & Kinross Council strictly monitors the right to work in the UK, qualifications, work history, including referrals and suitability to hold the post.
A healthy work-life balance is important to the Perth & Kinross Council, and we offer supportive management and flexible work arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. You have access to training and support for continuing professional development.
Some work has traditionally been done primarily by one generation, but we encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, regardless of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former Army personnel / reservists. Many of the skills you have acquired during your military career can be transferred directly to a role in local government.
Read more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland.
Expected salary: £19127 per year
Location: Perth, Perth and Kinross
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:50:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!