Job title: Internal Communications Assistant
Job description: Description of the company
YouGov is an international market research and data analysis group.
Our mission is to provide a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that businesses, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities they sustain.
We have the best data and the best tools. We are constantly challenging conventional approaches to research, and we are disrupting our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We are working hard to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other and bring these values to everything we do.
Our global panel of more than 15 million people provides thousands of data points every day on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviors. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed discussion.
With its operations in the United Kingdom, North America, mainland Europe, the Nordic countries, the Middle East, India and Asia-Pacific, YouGov has one of the largest research networks in the world.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including those who are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure our products and tools have no bias, as accuracy is the key to what we do. None of the above can be done without a truly diverse workforce in an inclusive workplace. We are very excited to attract and retain the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with different backgrounds and perspectives.
It is important for us to support the well-being of our staff, including maintaining a good work-life balance. We support flexible work arrangements, where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office and distance approach.
As an equal opportunity employer, qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic. protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on professional qualifications, merit and business needs.
The Internal Communications Assistant will assist the Internal Communications Manager in delivering timely and engaging communication to YouGov staff across a variety of channels to ensure clarity, consistency and a variety of content.
What will I deliver?
- Work with the Senior Internal Comms Manager to deliver effective internal communication and engagement plans across the enterprise
- Write, edit and proofread content for a variety of channels and work according to content schedules
- Research and gather engaging content from across the enterprise to promote team collaboration and deliver people-focused stories in support of our involvement and D&I initiatives
- Build and strengthen existing networks of internal stakeholders and internal communication contacts
- Helps maintain the entire enterprise intranet, including news and video articles – Acquire story content from across the enterprise and work with internal stakeholders to ensure all page and internal communication content is clear, audience-oriented and easy to navigate
- Evaluating the use of the intranet and social tools and measuring the effectiveness of content areas
- Monitor the internal commissions and feedback forms of the internal commission and respond in a timely, professional and friendly manner to inquiries
- Assist with the planning and delivery of larger events faced by employees, especially virtual events
- Provide administrative support to the internal communications manager and help maintain the internal communications calendar
Proof of knowledge and experience
- Educated to standard – preferably BSc / BA in English, history or a related field that demonstrates proficiency in writing, editing and research skills
- Experience of writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience with the use of a content management system is desirable
- Familiarity with digital technologies and platforms used for communication – such as Zoom, Slack and SharePoint – is desirable
Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with a view to detail
- An understanding of best practice for web page design and user experience is desirable
- Strong interpersonal management skills for stakeholders
- Strong content research skills
What do I get out of it?
As an entry-level role, the internal communications assistant gets the opportunity to gain experience and training in the field of internal communications within a fast-moving and innovative enterprise. The role plays in a small and growing team at YouGov, a global enterprise that uses the latest digital platforms to connect more than 1,400 employees around the world.
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:56:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!