Job title: CIIS Administrative Assistant Pool
Company: California Institute of Integral Studies
Job description: Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Posts Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 Job Description:
The administrative assistant provides a variety of administrative and administrative tasks in support of a designated department and or program area.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Answer and transfer phone calls, check if necessary.
- Performs administrative duties, such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Welcome and guide visitors and customers.
- Maintain secure filing systems.
- Create, maintain and import information into databases.
- Compile, write and distribute meeting notes and routine correspondence.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and routine monthly reports.
- Open incoming mail, read, send and distribute and compile appropriate answers.
- Edit work prepared by others for correct spelling, grammar and appropriate format.
- Recommend revisions for work prepared by others.
- Do research and retrieve information from a variety of data sources.
- Compile, if necessary, written summaries of information.
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinate and schedule travel, meetings and appointments for managers and supervisors.
- Develop agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Record meeting minutes and distribute as appropriate.
- Assist with the training of newly appointed office staff.
- Supports projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Required skills / skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Always show a polite and professional attitude.
- Systematic and process-oriented.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, forms, PowerPoint, teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of administrative procedures and systems such as record keeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Ellucian’s Colleague, SaaS environment a plus.
- Fluency in English, bilingual or multilingual a plus.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or higher. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience in an academic institution for higher education that is desired higher.
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary that matches skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions-Duties are mainly performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, usually from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm, with occasional weekend and evening commitments. Currently, this position requires remote work with access to a computer and reliable internet; in the future, after elevators have changed in their location and working conditions, it will be office work at 1453 Mission St, San Francisco.
Background checks – Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo an employment background / criminal check if you extend an offer of employment. You may also be required to provide proof of educational degree (s), licenses or credentials relevant to the post. If you require work on behalf of CIIS, you must provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
Visa Sponsorship – Visa sponsorship is not available for this post. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance – This post is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL WORK POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, descent, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation for people with disabilities will be provided on request.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:41:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!