Job title: Medical Assistant Neurological Institute
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Job description: At the Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for fulfilling our commitment to excellence every day, pushing the boundaries and changing the patient experience.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives – start with our own. This is the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team and The Power of Every One.
Job title Medical Assistant Neurological Institute
Location Mayfield Hts
Hillcrest Hospital Facility
Department of Neurology-Neurological Institute
Postcode (ZIP) C15016
Schedule 7:30 to 16: 00/08: 00 to 16:30
Job Summary Use medical and administrative skills to provide support to patients and healthcare professionals under the supervision of a physician or nurse.
- Assist in performing screening and treatments by gathering information on health maintenance, collecting samples, performing tests, and documenting patient care.
- Update health maintenance during patient visits, accurately identify changes in medication, and update allergy information with each visit.
- Monitor and communicate changes in the patient’s condition. Administer specific medication under the guidance of the provider.
- Maintain equipment and medical supplies, including reorder, inventory, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintain investigation areas.
- Assist with pre-visit planning by updating the health maintenance tab.
- Performs administrative or administrative duties as assigned, including filing, receiving, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an approved medical aid program. (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a hospital corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or medical service technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externality. (Extensive clinical experience may be considered instead of formal clinical externality).
- MA certification preferred.
Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA) is required within the new lease term.
Complexity of work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate steps.
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
- Manual ability to use office equipment.
- May require long periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light work – exercise occasionally up to 20 pounds of strength and / or up to 10 pounds of strength regularly, and / or an insignificant amount of strength continuously (continuous: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Although the weight picked up is only an insignificant amount, a work should be judged as Light work: (1) if it walks or stands to a significant extent; or (2) when it is necessary to sit most of the time, but it involves pressure and / or pulling in of the arm or leg controls; and / or (3) when the work has to work at a production rate, which entails constant pushing and / or pulling of material, even if the weight of the material is insignificant.
- Note: the constant stress and strain to maintain a production rate, especially in an industrial environment, can and is physically required of the employee, even if the amount of force exerted is insignificant.
Personal protective equipment:
- Follow the standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of the Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunities to all our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco-free and drug-free environment. All job offers are followed by testing of controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers are withdrawn for employment candidates who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment affected by the smoking policy of the Cleveland Clinic Health System can apply for open positions again after 90 days.
Decisions regarding employment, transfers and promotions are made on the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, descent, status as a disabled or veteran of the Vietnam era or any other feature protected by law. Information about this application can be shared with any facility of the Cleveland Clinic Health System.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employer: women / minorities / veterans / individuals with disabilities
Location: Mayfield Heights, OH
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:51:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!