Job title: Buying Assistant
Company: Pets at Home
Job description: Buy Assistant
Hours: Full time
Contracted hours: 39
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Handforth based
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the leading pet grooming industry in the UK; we strive to ensure that pets and their owners receive the best advice, products and care. We have more than 450 stores, more than 310 groom’s rooms and 440 first opinion veterinary practices. Our business is fast, innovative and fun, and it’s our people who make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an award-winning company that puts people at the heart of everything they do.
About the role
We are looking for a talented person who is looking for an opportunity to learn new skills in a thriving and exciting business. This is a perfect opportunity for you, if you are looking for an opportunity to gain further experience with a forward-thinking, fast-paced retail business. You work with the broader trading team at our support office in Handforth (Cheshire), and your role is to provide comprehensive administrative support, to ensure that tasks are carried out accurately and according to the required deadlines and to promote the overall performance of the category.
- To create and manage article lists and maintain data integrity in line with business objectives
- To facilitate the judging process of the series, it is important to check the critical path to start on time.
- Liaise with suppliers and manage the audit trail and develop relationships with the supplier base
- Control of sample process, with regard to the demand, review and management of all samples for the category
- To ensure that the promotion and pricing process is completed effectively and accurately on behalf of the buyer
- To ensure that all points of sale are managed by the media center and signed off by the buyer
- To provide excellent customer service to office and store colleagues through fast and accurate problem solving
- On behalf of the buyer to accurately submit the necessary records and maintain all required records
- Attend extensive and detailed meeting notes and actions
- Conduct reports of competitors’ store visits and feedback to the team
- Liaison with stores, suppliers and customer services in collaboration with the quality team to ensure timely response to any quality issues
- Responsible for the preparation of all communication of the stores for the final signing by the buyer
- Production of specific financial reports for the weekly trading meeting
- Make ad hoc reports and gather information according to the buyer’s instructions
Key skills required;
- Ideally, you have experience working in an office environment; ideally it will be obtained in the retail sector.
- Ideally, you have a degree qualification or equivalent, but it is not essential.
- You will be computer literate in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- You will be commercially aware of it.
- You will be extremely analytical and numerical with high accuracy and high attention to detail.
- You will use your excellent communication skills internally, while working cross-functionally with other teams and externally, while having network and links with our providers.
- You will, where appropriate, be able to challenge and influence others.
- It is essential that you are highly organized with the ability to multiply and prioritize your own workload, according to the required deadlines.
- You will be able to demonstrate your steadfastness in the search for a goal.
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, press the Apply Now button, and in a few short steps we’ll have received your application!
Organization: Pets at home
Date Posted: 14-09-2021
Expiry date: 02-10-2021
Location: Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:40:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!